Weight gaining supplements best and worst?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Robp85, Apr 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently using my protein total gainer at £22 with 411 cals and i find with water is horrible and with milk does not taste good or mix well, not tried elite gainer at £37 also 411 cals anyone tried that?

Im considering pro labs nlarge 2 at 620 cals but £35 Both extra pennys that i dont want to waste without cause.
    And im looking into cnp pro-mass, usn muscle fuel mass and usn muscle fuel anabolic.

I have used phd pharma gain before which taste great but 350 cals although mixes really well and can even add a couple scoops complex carbs to boost that and as all above milk adds 200 cals.

Anyone have a favourite i may have overlooked? I know its not all about the calories but its a base line for me as a hard gainer its all about mass cals!

2. Why do you need to actually put weight on? Are you going to join up and the Doc said you were too skinny ?

3. Gaining Weights a doddle, eat pies x lots, Crisps x lots, Chocolate x loads and for fluids take only beer or full fat coke.
    You to can have a body like mine if you put the work in (And pies, lots of pies).

Attached Files:

4. Become a girl & move to Essex. You'll soon pile the weight on.

5. No havent been told need to but i want to. my weights fine in terms getting in my bmi 19.5 but i am skinny and dont want to come out of basic a complete rake.

6. More calories in than out will help you put on weight.

You need to eat right though, getting all your protein/carbs/fat from suppliments isn't great.

You typically want to be getting around 1.5g per lb of bodyweight for carbs/protein. Have a look around the internet and sort yourself out a proper diet, you can get most of it from a good diet with pasta/tuna/chicken/potatoes/eggs etc, the suppliments should just top it off.

7. Guinness and curry diet worked particularly well for me.

8. Best = Lard

worst = Lettuce

9. Im not just getting calories from supplements lol using as what they are a supplement.
    i aim for 3500 daily getting at least 2500 from actual food depending what time i have to prepare and eat.
    Ive not made any consistent gains at that although have just started hitting the weights after a year of so with that and if i go for 2x shakes daily 4000 calories a day should do it.
    Anyone want to swap there metabolism?

10. Maybe you're just born with a lean ectomorphic physique and no amount of protein shake will change it?? That said, my eldest is trying to bulk up for rugby and is taking Creatine

11. Tesco yoghurts have as many as 250 calories in, how cheap is that