Weight gain.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BWsamwatt, Apr 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I've decided it's about time that I put a bit of weight on, I've got such a hyperactive metabolism that no matter how much I eat it just won't happen.
    I don't, however, want to turn into a blubbery store goblin.
    I'm not shy where it comes to fitness, but short of runs/tabs in my own time I'm a bit of a novice about what else to do.
    Any suggestions?

2. How old are you?

Your punctuation is flawless.

3. 24. I'm going to take that at face value and say thank you.

4. How much exercise do you do daily/weekly?

What is your objective? Ifyou currently do a half marathon everyday then pretty much you will get thinner and lose weight, irrespective of what you eat, unless its six bags of 2kg Sugar

5. A good way to slow down a metabolism is eat foods that are high in fibre. In this case specifically salads, leaves, grains and breads etc.

Now to gain weight is a bit more difficult. To do it healthily your body needs a physiological reason and means to do it. So what you can do is try body building; a particular disciple mind you.

Try natural* BB with a high weight or resistance, that you can only achieve a few repetitions with. This will cause micro tears in the muscle tissue being exerted.

Using protein from meats and other poultry in your diet. Your body will repair your muscle, whilst gaining useful weight.

You will see effective weight gains after a month, though they'll be in the pounds (lbs)

Though there is more I can say on the subject I'll end it here.

Hope I can help

Knight

6. I do whatever the PTI tells me.

In all seriousness, I do company fitness on the days that it's in the program, when left alone I'll do somewhere between 2 and 6 mile runs, or tabbing. When doing tabs I try to mix it up with mileage, weight and just doing hill reps.

My objective(s) are pretty simple, get to a decent healthy weight, build up some muscle and 'healthy fat' that I can rely on to get me through Herrick a bit easier than the last one (I came back just under 9 stone) etc etc.

7. Dianabol, Deca Durabolin, Sustanon 250,Oxymethalone and a little bit of HGH should sort you out quicksmart

8. 23+ years in the Royal Engineers worked for me. :)

9. Though have some Arimidex at hand for your bitch tits and don't forget the Nolva!

10. And on a scale of 1 - 10 how legal is the above list?

11. Legal to posess for own use, illegal to supply then its classed as a class C drug with up to 2 years in nick, I contacted customs before going to Thailand working and they told me I could bring back up to 3 months supply for my own personal use as long as it was declared to them upon arrival in the U.K. , I would'nt know how the army would treat it though but it was pretty rife with 2 REP.

12. Class C is still a no no...

13. Easiest way is GOMAD.

14. As as a scientist, after reading the above bullshit above. I am fairly convinced I will never try anything like it.

It makes statements contradictig sound science without providing evidence or anything to support itself.

15. Andrex my mrs uses it and her bum is twice as big as it used to be.