Weight advice

Hi, I've done my BARB test and am currently training to get ready for RSC. I weigh 9 stone, which meets the requirements based on my height (5'9"), but i want to put on some more weight.
Does anyone have any tips on good ways to put on weight (aside from just eating more obviously) in a healthy way?
Thanks

carbs - eg pasta....and protein eg lean red meat (steaks etc....) and fish / chicken

try to avoid fats (sweets and cakes etc) - you want to put on muscle mass and not fatty tissue.

try weight and strength training - these will bulk you up with heavy muscle and build body mass

for my money, 9 stone at 5'9" isnt bad...try working out your 'body mass index' BMI:

i think its

height in meters/weight in kilos squared (may b wrong? Ask a PTI bod.....).

.......you want a result betwwn 20-25 unless (you're really muscley- i which case it'll be higher!)

cheers

YOU BASTARD...... I hate people who try to put weight on, wait till you become a wrac-arrse and try shifting weight off. no-one will help you then , they'll just laugh and make fun of you. Well, I would anyway.

BMI does not take fat/muscle ratio into consideration hence you can be the same height and weight (thus the same BMI) as a Premiership footballer but be a couch potato and have nowhere near the same level of fitness and I think you'll find that a lot of Guinness Premiership Rugby players would be classed as clinically obese. Its not a very accurate way of gauging your muscle density. In fact, it doesn't measure it at all. There are 3 types of bodies-endo, ecto and mesomorphic (I think) which is (don't know in what order) tall skinny string of p1ss, average joe, and short stocky tw@t. The BMI test does not allow for this.

the_matelot said:
BMI does not take fat/muscle ratio into consideration hence you can be the same height and weight (thus the same BMI) as a Premiership footballer but be a couch potato and have nowhere near the same level of fitness and I think you'll find that a lot of Guinness Premiership Rugby players would be classed as clinically obese. Its not a very accurate way of gauging your muscle density. In fact, it doesn't measure it at all. There are 3 types of bodies-endo, ecto and mesomorphic (I think) which is (don't know in what order) tall skinny string of p1ss, average joe, and short stocky tw@t. The BMI test does not allow for this.
so supposing your one of those tall skinny strings of piss with a BMI of 19.3, bearing in mind i have a month till PCB and 4 months till sandhurst am i gonna be in trouble? Any suggestions...creatine etc?....

no point you aint stupidly thin with 19 obviously you are training just try eating a bit more not crap just more.

just remember you will never be as good as me 5ft6 with bmi of 28

Depends what sort of creatine you're taking. Most of it is impure shite to be honest. www.bio-synergy.co.uk is a good company-all their stuff is outstanding but is a tad bit expensive. They'll sort you out. You get what you pay for. You won't get in trouble with a bmi of that but it all depends on why you want to bulk up. Have a look at that company I mentioned. Of course, you could eat 2 jars of mayo followed by a litre of clotted cream 3 times a day but I don't think you'd be alive in 3 months time.