Weetabix apologise for cartoon character "Big Baws"

Did a search, it turned up nothing -

Weetabix Food Company have been forced to apologise after parents spotted a cartoon character called Big Baws on the front of a packet of Weetos. The cereal maker has also agreed to change the packaging.

“My six-year-old started chirping on about Big Baws the other morning,” one parent said. “I nearly fell off my seat.
“When I found out it was this character on the breakfast cereal box, I was very surprised."
Breakfast cereal maker Weetabix forced to apologise for calling cartoon character

For those of a soft southern shandy drinking etc, baws = balls.

Big Baws is described as being “as tall as a mountain and as strong as a bear.” Children are also warned to “stay out of his way.
DC Thompson kept Desperate Dan clean for 80odd years

Maybe it's just me that thinks this, but "chocolate hoops" is kind of risque too... :? I don't know any parent that would be thrilled to learn that his sprog has just eaten a bowl-ful of chocolate hoops. :? :p8O

Chocolate Hoops.JPG

That too. The horror, the horror! :omg: :omfg:

Maybe it's just me that thinks this, but "chocolate hoops" is kind of risque too... :? I don't know any parent that would be thrilled to learn that his sprog has just eaten a bowl-ful of chocolate hoops. :? :p8O

View attachment 101708
Typical, Arrsers lowering the tone. Kids don't see the double entendre here, just the parents. Hoops to kids are the skid marks left on the toilet tissue. (spoilt little bastards)

"Big baws" .... "Chococlatey hoops"

This is just a modern day Captain Pugwash isn't it! :threaten:
Don't start with the Pugwash cobblers. The only risque name in that show was in fact the main Character Capt. Pugwash - a slang name for a Victorian douche often found in Brothels. There was no Seaman Stains etc... all bollocks I'm afraid.

What a complete over reaction to something so petty. "Big Baws", so what?

Remember the Weetabix skinheads? They should be brought back. "You make it Neat Weet mate; if you know what's good for you, you do!"

What a complete over reaction to something so petty. "Big Baws", so what?

Remember the Weetabix skinheads? They should be brought back. "You make it Neat Weet mate; if you know what's good for you, you do!"
Those racist bastards. They kicked the crap out of the Robinson's Jam Golly and then stuck the nut on the Camp Coffee fellah.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer