Weekly wage from 50k p.a.?

Hi guys hope somebody can help, what would be weekly wage[take home] on a 50k salary?Got a chance of moving up in company but would have to go "staff and salary" instead of hourly paid, i do a lot of hours and made 56k last year ,just a rough guess at weekly wage would be helpful ta

Err... about £950 less tax?

sombrerofrog12 said:
Hi guys hope somebody can help, what would be weekly wage[take home] on a 50k salary?Got a chance of moving up in company but would have to go "staff and salary" instead of hourly paid, i do a lot of hours and made 56k last year ,just a rough guess at weekly wage would be helpful ta
You get paid 50k+ and you cannot work that out :?
My big "W" meter is going mad here :roll:

(or I'm in the wrong job 8O )

P

PrinceAlbert

right-grumpy said:
sombrerofrog12 said:

I get paid 50k +, hourly paid also.

There is a big difference between an Independent Contractor, and an employee on a salary. Most of all Tax. This has to be taken in to account.

I would stick to hourly rate, in my circumstances, as I only pay circa 10% tax instead of 40% +

PrinceAlbert said:
right-grumpy said:
sombrerofrog12 said:

There is a big difference between an Independent Contractor, and an employee on a salary. Most of all Tax. This has to be taken in to account.

I would stick to hourly rate, in my circumstances, as I only pay circa 10% tax instead of 40% +
You get paid £50k plus to post on ARRSE? You're an MP aren't you?

PrinceAlbert said:
right-grumpy said:
sombrerofrog12 said:

Could I have the name and contact details of your accountant who is obviously doing a fair better job than mine?

Thanks,

SB

If you are only paying 10% tax you are either earning fcuk all or are a company director taking dividends rather than a salary.

P

PrinceAlbert

eodmatt said:
If you are only paying 10% tax you are either earning fcuk all or are a company director taking dividends rather than a salary.
Company Director.....it's the way ahead.