Weekly Training

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Logmeister, Feb 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Doing a straw poll. The unit I belong to has three drill nights a month. I was surprised that they didn't train every week. On inquiry the answer was to allow work-life balance for the PSAOs, PSIs and TA. Is this common across most TA units?

2. Not as far as I'm aware. Most units I know stand their PS down every other weekend & every Monday but they all attend drill nights unless excused by their LM or TM.

3. Never heard of this and it sounds like a way for the Permanent Staff to get a night off. STABs don't have to rock up on every drill night.

Are you in the same RLC gang whose PSAO insisted the First Parade on a friday night was at 20:05 hours, so the blokes couldn't claim a half day?

4. How odd. You're all missing out on trg/pay. Im surprised this doesn't effect some personnel's ability to make their days?

5. Sausages and Gay partys Bravo_Bravo. We need to know more!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not wishing to jump on the Bravo Bravo bashing bus but do you have a problem with PS having a night off or just the way it seems his unit manage the work/life thingy?

7. It just seems like a bluff, ES. I've never heard of it in any TA unit previously. There are occasions when our PSIs aren't in and we don't go bazoomie and steal the weapons or wee in the OCs boots...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Are you in the same RLC gang whose PSAO insisted the First Parade on a friday night was at 20:05 hours, so the blokes couldn't claim a half day?[/QUOTE]

Hadn't heard of this one. PM me with details please.

9. Done.

BB

10. It's not a pay query. My previous unit's experience was pretty much every week (Public holidays and summer excepted). I've found that Thurs night training is poorly attended whereas weekend training is chocka. Initial feedback from the lads is that they'd like a routine of every week.

11. I think that thursday night is a poor choice for a training night - if you're away the following weekend, its three nights on the bounce ( I'm sharp, me.)

Drill nights shoukd, IMO, be either tuesday or wednesday - remember the "work / life balance mentioned above?

BB

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hadn't heard of this one. PM me with details please.[/QUOTE]

Few years ago 4 PARA did it to save money on MTDs.

Can't remember if it was the same PASOs idea who fiddled the books and disappeared.

13. My old mob worked it that 1 wednesday a month was for "sports", so we only worked 3 Wednesday's a month, as not even the PTI could be arsed turning up to do a 20 minute warm-up after the troops had been fucked around doing bone tasks.

14. A few years ago my Regt came up with the plan of not paying people on a Friday night saying that they were only on duty when they arrived at about 10 at night. Drivers got paid as they were 'on duty'.

15. In English, does work life balance / sports night equate to Scum playing in Champions League (scum = Man U)