Weekenders in Belfast. Any suggestions?

Botanique Garden up by the uni is handy if you're into scruffy students
If you want to go just out of town try the Bally Mac
New Forge if you fancy a crack at a police chick :twisted:

but for normal good night out you can't beat the Crown or Beaten Docket

Mind you that's all 20 years ago in my long hair days :)

Belfast is really good mate and we now have some great spots

Cafe Vaudeville, Cloth Ear, The Apartment,

You should also go and try a pint in the Crown Bar which is good craic
http://www.crownbar.com/

Food wise:

Deanes / 10 Square / Zen

If you want lovely food try James St South rather upmarket I only ever use my corporate card in there for business guest's. Couldn't pay for it myself

There is also a fantastic Teppanki Bar near the Waterfront on the banks of the Lagan.

Try this link for full details:

http://www.gotobelfast.com/

And since the Good Friday Agreement we now have a new Patron Saint of Norn Iron:

Norn Iron 1 Engerland 0 7th Sep 2005

Attachments

Bossdog said:
bin_bridgin said:
Beaten Docket
Avoid it.
Seconded!!
You could go to the Oddessy Arena,The's a few good bars in there,The Belfast Giants Ice Hockey team & a cracking Chinese Resturant,The Red Panda.

oddyssey

oddyssey trust

Another good bar is The Errigle bar on the Upper Ormaea, Been in there loads of times with no hassle,The is a TA Camp about 1/2 mile away on Sunnyside Street where I dump my car if I'm going to Belfast on a session.

Errigle

Spike

Try taking a trip out of town down the A2 towards Bangor, stop off in Holywood & see if the Railway Inn & the SeaHorse are still going strong. If you get as far as Bangor, see if the Coachmans is still there on the seafront - used to be good for Grab a Grannys on Wed & Sat nights.....

avoid it..... most things close around 1am for some reason.

at 1 am in the coach you WILL have pulled a yoke

even if you didnt want to

why would you be heading out for a bag of chips

go back to her place get her to cook- then introduce her to the good news

Brush_Dust_Shake said:
Try taking a trip out of town down the A2 towards Bangor, stop off in Holywood & see if the Railway Inn & the SeaHorse are still going strong. If you get as far as Bangor, see if the Coachmans is still there on the seafront - used to be good for Grab a Grannys on Wed & Sat nights.....
Coachmans has closed I think,If you are in Bangor,just up High Street is a nightclub,Betty Blacks.I was in there last Friday at a works doo & It's free entry.Jenny Watts up the road is'nt bad & you also have Donaghans & what was the Boom Boom Rooms as well.If you make it as far as my neck of the woods,Grace Niels is'nt bad but pricy (One plus is it has Warstiener on tap)
Spike

coachmans in bangor...my god thats going back a bit isnt it. cafe coel in bangor or wolseys for drinking. dirty duck in holywood for some tasty scran and benedicts hotel/m club for some fat millies...not neccessarily in that order though

My favourite of the moment is The Spaniard on Skipper Street.

It's very tiny, always packed and is boderline on being considered a gay bar. (Very large percentage of the clientele are of that persuasion).

However, over 23's, decent music played (although dancing is out due to the size), good drink (draught wobbly available), great grub up to 18:00 and the totty is fecking amazing.