Weekend Warrior Book

I don't know if this has been on here before but i have just finished reading one of the better books that i have read, 'weekend warrior', a TA Rech Mech that got called up to Op Telic in Feb 2003.It was in the form of a diary and what happened day to day in Iraq.People who call the TA plastic soldiers should read this book and then they will realise that the days of the TA being a drinking club are well and truley gone and how proffessional the TA are now :wink:

Yeah been done before - but it hardly shows the TA is a good light, man comes across as a walting w@nker....

I once had a book called The Quiet Soldier by Adam Ballinger. About a guy with no previous military experience, who does 21 SAS(V) selection. A chance encounter with a member on a train journey led him to a drill night in London where he tried out for them. Over the next 3 years over 100 hopefuls, with and without military experience, were thinned out to about 6. On passing the initial selection, (still to do his entry skills), he went to live in Devon with his lass, and had to leave as there was no TA SAS there.

A bit of an anti climax but a good read nonetheless.

I once had a book called The Quiet Soldier by Adam Ballinger. About a guy with no previous military experience, who does 21 SAS(V) selection. A chance encounter with a member on a train journey led him to a drill night in London where he tried out for them. Over the next 3 years over 100 hopefuls, with and without military experience, were thinned out to about 6. On passing the initial selection, (still to do his entry skills), he went to live in Devon with his lass, and had to leave as there was no TA SAS there.

Brilliant.....passes selection and then moves house and goes, meh, no local unit? oh well, that was fun.

Thanks.

I was on page 227.

You bastard.

Brilliant.....passes selection and then moves house and goes, meh, no local unit? oh well, that was fun.
He was never 'badged' having fucked off into the sunset without attempting continuation. His principal aim being to write that shite and inaccurate book to help gain publicity and promote his career as a management consultant.