Weekend dress code at Chicksands

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by jim30, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks,

I can assure you that this isn't a wah! I'm off to sunny chicksands for a weekend and was wondering what the dress code is in the mess then? I've been there plenty of times before during the week, so wasn't sure if it was still jacket / tie, or can I get away with smart polo shirt and chinos?

Many thanks,

Jim

2. Int Corps slippers and corps tie for mess functions.

3. See the tranny thread in the Naafi Bar... :puker:

4. something pompus and colourful to the fancy dress

5. There's a dress code???????

6. Dress code? that went a long time ago.

There also used to be a TV in the duty bunk, until SN started doing duties!

7. Thanks so much guys, I ask a genuine question to ensure I don't disgrace myself in a host organisations mess, and all you can do is come up with not hugely funny remarks!
    So let me recap - could someone please tell me the weekend dress regs for the priory at Chicksands?

8. Get fucked you cunt.

You can wear what you like at Chicksands, so long as you're wearing a long cape aswell. It helps if you can have a newspaper with 2 eyeholes cut out aswell for when you're in the mess and want to watch whats going on.

9. There's a suit of armour or two left out for visitors who haven't brought their own.

10. Jim. I presume you are referring to the Sgts Mess.

Dress code is collar and shoes. Jeans acceptable, or you can wear towel and flip flops if you want a pint outside or in the 'scruffs' bar.

Not many people take notice of the dress code - which gets right on my tits to be honest, so I wouldnt stress to much over it. However..

11. Sorry - referring to the Officers mess in the priory, but thank you for the guidance.

12. Like I said. See the tranny thread in the Naafi Bar. :wink:

13. WENCHY!..........I love it when you talk dirty....;)

14. Rule of thumb for all messes has got to be take a lounge suit and jacket. Can't go wrong then...bit boring I realise but there you go.

15. Make sure that whatever you wear is 100% polyester. You'll fit right in.