Weekend 0

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MightyBigEgo, Feb 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All,
    I have been given the task of delivering Weekend 0 to brand new recruits. I have been given the handout by the ATU but was told there aren't any lesson plans and to make my own based around the handout, which I found to be bizarre to say the least.

Has anyone got their own powerpoint lessons or Regular Army lessons that I could please use?

Before the "ask your PSI" comes flying my way, that was the answer he got from the ATU.

I am happy to create my own, but for something as important as this I would have thought there are lessons out in the ether somewhere to ARTD standard...(also it would save my unit on MTDs not having to spent time creating more lessons).

Thanks

2. msr

msr LE

FFS don't use powerpoint.

3. On DII obviously.....

4. MSR, I wasn't going to do a death by powerpoint weekend, but for the badges of rank and 24 hour clock, that is the best way IMO..

5. Check the link i sent you its all on there. Easily found, even by us PSI,s......

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Depends whether they bother to look for it or just phone up the organisation that said "I dunno" in the first place!

7. px4llp,
    thank you.

8. msr

msr LE

Weekend 0 : ARRSE 1

:)

9. Hang on. The ATU has given the responsibility of delivering Weekend 0 to someone with nothing more than a handout and instructions to base the lessons around the handout ?

How f**king "professional" is that ? How can a set standard be delivered if everyone has to cobble togther their own lesson plan every time ?

10. msr

msr LE

They don't. Read the thread.