Week in a Gite

Discussion in 'Christmas Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Nov 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Very generously donated by Navy, in this auction you may bid for a week in a rather fab gite.

The website www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk which gives you all the details.

The offer is:

A week's stay for 2 people (no children/pets because it is not suitable for them) during available dates in April/May and October 2013. Arrival/Departure on a Saturday.

Reserve price of £180.

This includes towels and bathrobes, bed linen, electric blankets (if necessary!), UK & French TV, DVD player, heating, bikes, barbecue and ethernet connected (PC & MAC) broadband.

Last years auction was taken by Dread who said in the visitors book;

"Thank you both very much from both of us for providing an excellent and pleasing home from home and a superb base to explore the region and its wine"

As well as the accommodation we offer guidance on local wines and can arrange visits to wine and cognac producers. I send a 31 page information book out to all our guests 8 weeks before they arrive which answers most questions they might have.

The auction will run until
    Friday, 7th December at 1800 hours (UK Time)

All proceeds to Holidays4Heroes.
    By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you agree to abide by the Auction Rules.​

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

May I open the bidding at £200?

Thank you.

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Through gritted teeth .... thank you for your bid, Jarrod!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have to say this is a marvelous spot. Very quiet farmhouse on a no-through road. It has a large garden and is surrounded by fields. The gite itself is on the end of the building and has a small kitchen and living room downstairs and then a double bedroom and bathroom upstairs. It is spotlessly clean and the beds comfortable and everything works (and works well), including the wifi.

The town of Blaye is a couple of minutes drive away and has many fantastic wines (at fantastic prices). It also has a huge fortress and a small harbour to bimble around in, and several great restaurants (to suit every budget). Only personal drawback is the 'no kids' rule: this is probably a bonus for many people!

Navy is a font of knowledge about the local region: from visiting Bordeaux town to Margeaux, Pomerol, and further afield. Not just the booze (of which he is a good judge), but also of markets, restaurants and things to do.

Who would this place suit? Pretty much anyone who wants to relax for a week with (or without) the wife/mistress/kidnapped child, or do some serious wine and food. For the winning bidder: I would urge you to drive there with as much spare space in the car as possible in order to bring back the wine. I was drinking wine at 10 euros a bottle that would cost 5 times or more in the UK. I managed to take 12 cases home, but could have doubled that if I hadn't been stupid and taken the wife and sprog.

Navy has a couple of bicycles for you to use (with helmets if wanted), as well as a grill and is very helpful if asked: otherwise he will stay completely out of your way.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sharies. £250.

6. Too rich for me, enjoy.

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

So at £250 with her Royal Snailiness...

8. Dread - Cheers mate, glad that you put this bit in - nothing like first hand comments!!

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Please note changed end time - the first batch of Christmas auctions will end at 1800 hours tomorrow 7th December.

Thank you.

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

[URL="http://www.tab1.de/gfx/arrse/hammer.jpg%5b/IMG"]http://www.tab1.de/gfx/arrse/hammer.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]

[B]Congratulations and thank you The Snail!. [/B]

[B][B]For £250 this lovely lot is yours. [/B]
    [B]Thank you for supporting Holidays for Heroes, and thank you to Navy for donating it.[/B][/B]

[U]Please transfer the money to:[/U]

[B][B]Bank: Holidays4heroes[/B]
    [B]HSBC[/B]
    [B]Sort: 40-12-09[/B]
    [B]Acct: 41416081[/B]

[B]IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081[/B]
    [B]Swift: MIDLGB2120G[/B][/B]

Please PM me confirmation details of the payment and let Navy know when you wish to take your holiday!

If you’d like to use PayPal, please use shopgirl’s account [EMAIL="rb0@live.co.uk"]rb0@live.co.uk[/EMAIL]. She will pass the money to us.

11. Pennies inbound, and I'll go in October if that's OK? I'll be hunting and shooting in Apr/May.

12. All done.

He'd better feed that hamster.

13. Is that a euphemism for something?

14. Yes. Do you fancy a bunk up in October?