Week by week on phase 1?

Can any of you who have done phase 1 give me a week by week details? If its not too much to ask. I think it will be helpful for us who are starting soon
Details for X14 weeks phase 1(pirbright 2020).
Thanks!!

Last edited:

QRK2

LE
Can any of you who have done phase 1 give me a week by week details? If its not too much to ask. I think it will be helpful for us who are starting soon

The key events over the 14 week CMS are as follows:

Week 1: Attestation (a formal ceremony to join the British Army), kit issue, administration and Exercise Icebreaker (Teaching Exercise) - your first night in the field.

Week 2: Weapons training, introduction to foot drill and Military Swim Test.

Week 3: Weapon training, physical development and practical map reading.

Week 4: Weapon Handling Test, introduction to Live Firing and Platoon Commanders Activity Day.

Week 5: Two nights in the field on Exercise First Nights (Teaching Exercise), bayonet fighting and first aid training.

Week 6: Live firing, Chemical/Biological/Nuclear/Radiation training.

Week 7: Phase 2 Visits (a chance to see where you are going next and meet others like you who have already passed out), foot drill test, families’ day (a chance for your family to come and visit you) and a long weekend.

The second part of the course continues with more exciting, challenging and ultimately rewarding training. It’s a proud moment for all involved when the course ends and the Pass Off Parade takes place.

Week 8: Three nights in the field on Exercise Halfway (Teach and Test Exercise).

Week 9: A trip to Ypres on Exercise Valiant Spirit (Realities of War).

Week 10: Adventurous training in Wales (caving, climbing, canoeing and hill walking), map reading practical and written tests.

Week 11: One night in the field on the Section Commanders’ Fieldcraft Exercise, counter-IED training and physical fitness tests.

Week 12: Annual Combat Marksmanship Test (ACMT) and Close Quarter Marksmanship training.

Week 13: Four nights in the field on Exercise Final Fling, practising all of the skills learned over the course.

Week 14: Arms drill and final administration ahead of a prestigious passing out parade in front of family, friends and unit representatives.

thanks!! But i already read this one. I want to know more in details. Same as the one some recruits posted on armyblog but it is outdated

thanks!! But i already read this one. I want to know more in details. Same as the one some recruits posted on armyblog but it is outdated
I can give you my son’s program so far, but it varies even between troops at Pirbright. Some are doing the new syllabus, others aren’t and some are doing 12 weeks, others seem to be doing 14.
There is no swim test, gym sessions or obstacle course currently and no trip to Ypres or Wales because of Covid. He’s already done the 5 night exercise which I think would normally be later in the course and Pirbright seems to do much more PT than Winchester.
So I think it’s hard to do a week by week breakdown......just be prepared to do whatever is thrown at you!

Latest Threads