week 3 parents day

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by mercian mum, Aug 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. was just wandering if anyone who's had pareents day week 3 could tell me if they got there berets for it as my son has just started training,when his brother was at catterick parents day was week 5 so they had berets,not sure if this is the case now with the change to week 3 instead of 5 thanks
  2. He will have his beret long before week 3. Is it that important?
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Really, I thought tradition kept it to week 6 followed by a short leave?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  4. Right first post on here so here goes,
    They have just started to change the whole layout of the CIC course at the moment so its all alittle bit confused as to when there getting there lids at the moment. Some platoons I spoke to had theres for parents day others had to wait until week 8.
    However lately they have been getting the around weeks 5-6. so its likely your so will be sporting a rather fetching MTP cap for parents day
    Hope that helps.
  5. THEIR berets
  6. Not as far as I recall. Though the times have obviously changed looking at the post by Mr R Sole.
  7. Yes the old course ( well I say old its still being used for some platoons) was that you had a Mtp cap till week 5-6 then got your lid after doing adjts parade just in time for parents day and your long weekend
  8. thanks for all replys,had parents day yesterday it was a great day, son didn't have have his beret but was still a brilliant day,got to inspect his locker and shown what they have learnt so far,must say although they only 3 week in and still got a lot to learn they all did very well with all demonstrations they were giving,just hoping they will still be doing photos for us to get when they earn berets week 7
  9. Unless I'm mistaken, you'll get to see the berets during the passing out parade, and I'm sure there will be plenty of time for photos there. Good luck to your son.
  10. On their passing out parade the Mercians wear a peaked cap.
  11. So they do.
  12. Yes you are mistaken, Her son will be in a peaked cap for pass out. So no berets there either. The exceptions being the parachute regiment and a few others.

Bugger some one beat me to it.
  13. thanks again,my other son is in 1 mercian so knew about peaked cap at pass out,might just be a mum thing but wanted pics of when he gets beret as i have his brothers up and want to add his to them,worst comes to worst i've usually got kit at home and his brothers old beret i'll take my own of him lol xxx
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I wouldnt worry, especially in this digital image age squaddies and cameras are like budgies and mirrors!

Trust me I have loads, be a star though and keep them for when he is old and bold then he can scratch his grey hair trying to remember names of the lads he went through with!