Weeding out the dullards

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Moodybitch, Jun 6, 2005.

?
  1. No. Fcuking shite idea

71.2%
  2. Yes. Fcuking great idea

16.7%
  3. I dunno, I'm a mong/dullard/walt

12.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is an impossible task, but lets not drive the decent posters away.

Can we have a password/access system to a secure forum, access only given to those who 'earn' it???

2. I've voted no, because it would cause IMO a lot of resentment, good posts would remain unseen and of course you might class me as a mong/walt/dullard :D

As this site gets better the downside is you also get people you don't want, but if their posts are ignored they go.

I'm very much against a "class" system on ARRSE.

3. IMHO not a good plan - same reasons as Armourer! The well rounded system of abuse torrents seems to work in all but the most extreme cases.

4. Bloody hell armourer! I agree!

What if the next generation sprouts a budding Convoy C*ck or RTFQ, are they left in the sin bin?

Cr*p idea, ARRSE is just fine, pull on your wellies and wade through the sh*t with the rest of us!

Beebs

5. I'd like to say sorry to all who find they agree with me. :wink:

6. Moody, all of your 361 days makes you a long serving member? Or did you want to be excluded too?

Bollox idea IMHO. Don't like it, don't read it. Failing that, Darwin’s theory usually wins over.

7. No. Fcuking shite idea.

Well, it is...

8. Censorship is never a good idea, it just panders to the ascendent nanny-state philosophy.

"Come on comrades, lets burn the books and stone the speccy intellectuals" Mao Zedong 1893 - 1976

9. I think the fact that good potential posters would have to wait a while to''qualify '' would put them off and make them look elsewhere . Like a few ''arrsers have said already its not that much of a problem solets just ignore them .

10. Did somebody say something?

11. Much as I can't be arsed with ******* like mooch, I have to say no to this. It's divisive and, as has been already pointed out, would cause a great deal of resentment.

Thankfully, mooch is in a minority, not to mention a class all of his own. Though, some of you may well agree, this minority does seem to be growing slowly and very stealthily.

No easy solution to this issue is there?

12. NO! Its elitist crap and would kill the site.

Dullard out!

SK

13. I know I'm a n00b here, but I am a more senior member elsewhere. We use the vbulletin skin, so I am not familiar with this php (?) that you are using, but we have a few forums that you cannot access until you have reached so many posts, then there are the staff forums that you cannot even view until you are staff. Why don't you create a new user group with a name like 'Advanced member' then create a new sub forum that will only allow these members to enter?

14. Why dont you go back to the forum you are 'more senior' on Trillian. The day I take advice off you is the day Satan goes to work in a snow plough.

15. Doesn't a password special zone take away the point of creating an open forum?

OK there are a few newbies to the site who are finding their way around and learning where the best goss is (like me) but it doesn't mean to say that we wouldn't have something constructive to say if the right topics came up. I'd suggest anyone who wants a special elite zone b*gger off and create you're own website, ARRSE rocks exactly the way it is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.