Weeding interview.

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Kebmo, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Upon expressing an interest in the LD, I was told that the Colonel of the regiment likes to meet all potential officers before Regimental visits. In the interview he told me that no officers would be considered for the LD unless they had been in contact prior to attending Sandhurst.

This is the first contact I have had with any regiment, is this policy in place with any other regiments?

2. My bold I'm fairly sure that officially that’s not normal, unofficially ... I've had interviews with the PWRR and RIFLES and neither of those said anything like that.

3. I believe the RLC operate an opposite policy - preferring their final selection to remain in blissful ignorance...

4. no officers would be considered for the LD unless they had been in contact prior to attending Sandhurst.

Hmmm, then surely the CO is only interested in ex rankers or TA types who have wangled a tour before attending RMAS?

5. :D :D If only it was true.

6. No, I am not an ex ranker but phoned the LD to arrange a familiarisation visit. He basically wanted to gauge how well I would fit in with the other officers and rankers and what I could contribute in terms sport or adventure pursuits.

7. Sorry for causing any confusion old lad.

To have "been in contact" can also mean to have been on a two way range as it were. It's simply one of the many, many, many pedantic mannersims of military speak with which you will rapidly become imbued.