Wedding Venues?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by alexrose1983, Nov 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm a current, serving soldier with the Royal Signals and am currently looking for a wedding venue. I looked at Edinburgh Castle as I found out that it was free to serving soldiers but have since found out that it only applies to 2 DIV.

Does anyone know of an English equivalent? or other venues that give discount to Armed Forces?

All help appreciated!

Alex

2. How far are you prepared to travel? There's castles, historical houses, stately homes and the like all over the country which will allow (for a fee obviously) you to hold a reception and in some cases the ceremony on their grounds. Obviously you get what you pay for. For example, £15000 gets you a stately home, accomodation in 5 star rooms, RR Silver Shadow, chauffeurs, ceremony, top grub and champers. At the other end of the scale £35 gets you the screws mess for half a day, homemade broth and home-brewed ale and wine made by the groom and sold on entry for 50p a glass. That dit's true......................sad but mind-searingly real.

3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Save yourself a life time of misery and cut her throat this evening.

If you can't go through with it wait until asleep face down and hit the base of her spine with a strategic blow with a weighty hammer.

The attendance allowance and added benefits will make it worth while and there is little she can do when you come home bladdered and shag other women in front of her.

4. There are some limitations. There used to be only 12 slots or so a year, they're in the Governor's (i.e. GOC 2 Div) gift, and the chapel only has 24 seats or so. Great for a small wedding, not so good if family and friends want to show up.

5. Just seen a lovely wedding here a couple of weeks ago; the wedding photos must look great on the mantelpiece with the NAAFI sign in the background as they were all stood on the steps. :)

6. I echo fivealpha's post, your location & pragmatic traveling distance for all involved would help narrow your focus..

7. The Old Forge, Gretna Green - excellent venue and a good price. Will definitely get married there again next time!