Wedding transport anyone?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Oilyboy, May 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. These pictures are from just one of several weddings*, that I have provided my restored Saracen for as transport for the bride/groom, brides father etc. (*most of which were for serving personnel)
    Quite a profitable little business it could turn out to be, too!

I won't be turning up at my wedding in it though, my Best Man is driving me to mine in his Daimler Ferret Scout Car.....

Now laugh!.... and see who's making good use of some old kit !

Attached Files:

2. I won't be turning up at my wedding in it though, my Best Man is driving me to mine in his Daimler Ferret Scout Car.....

Now laugh!.... and see who's making good use of some old kit ![/QUOTE]

Including your dad's old uniform?

3. Including your dad's old uniform?[/QUOTE]

Not his actual uniform, just one like it.
    Wasn't wearing any uniform as such when I did this wedding, just some old AFV crewmans' Overalls, and a beret with one of my dad's old cap badges in it.
    Reason for choice of vehicle by the bride, is that her father drove Saracens, when he was in the Army.... I can't remember what regiment he was in though...
    Bride was nice though!

4. Why people would want to go to a wedding in that i've no idea.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Can we have a weddings forum?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Personally I would want to rock up on this badboy at least for the stag do.

[​IMG]

As you can see it looks beasty and theres enough room on the turret to hold the entire stag party, plus I hear an 88mm is quite effective for queue jumping and gaining free entry at most clubbing establishments.

• Like Like x 3
  7. .... because it is 'different',.................... why would anyone want to go to one in a poxy limo, even worse a badly 'stretched' limo.
    It's kind of refreshing when people use their imagination, and come up with a different solution.
    Fair enough, some squaddies may think, "What you wanna ride in one of them for?"
    There are a lot of people around who haven't had the chance to ride in something like one of these, because, for whatever reason, they've never served in the forces, so it becomes a novelty experience, unlike having to put up with doing it, because it may have been one's job.....

8. .... aha!, not too bad a choice, but not very 'road-friendly', but a cool idea, nonetheless..... I suppose with the pot-holed state of some of our roads in the U.K. something with tracks could be a godsend!

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Dont miss our Spring offer, 'Wedding cattle train to Birkenau'. Children ride free.

• Like Like x 4
  10. bit sick, that one!..... decorum, please!

11. Who needs roads when you have council estates that need "redevelopment"? and as an added bonus I hear that the armour is impervious to the mighty glock fawtay even if it is being fired in the sideways stance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think you are barking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. maybe, but harmless with it, at least I don't go around kidnapping/mugging old ladies, or nasty 'barking mad stuff'.......

• Like Like x 2