Wedding on hold

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by HeidiRhiannon, Feb 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My soldier proposed at Christmas and we're on hold.
    We were waiting to hear where his posting was so that we could book our wedding, but now we're waiting to see if he'll be off to Afghanistan. Starting to feel like it'll be one thing after the next and we'll never end up married (having already had to cancel a holiday). So do we just go ahead and book something or wait forever?

2. book it, but take out insurance?

Also try RearParty - Home
    you're less likely to be hounded for pics of your chesticles!! Trust me...I'm medical!!

3. Thanks,
    I turned to ARRSE as my last resort, minutes later i get the text to say that he's not being deployed for 2 years at least.. but defintely taking out insurance because i know how this army works: change plans last minute!!

4. Speak to "your soldiers", Padre and organise a wedding. Then get married. Have a small reception and move into the patch. If you do this you'll save a fortune by not going mad on wedding expense and you can have your honeymoon and a big blowout party for family and friends at your convenience.

5. And you wont be expected to get yer baps out for the boys at the wedding.
    I work in insurance , can I have an invite?

6. HR: welcome to Armed Forces life,

Not always ideal but we get there in the end..

7. if not with the first , mebbes with second or third marriage!

meeeee cynic.......................NEVER

8. "Starting to feel like it'll be one thing after the next and we'll never end up married (having already had to cancel a holiday). So do we just go ahead and book something or wait forever? "

This is just organising your wedding but you're marriage won't be much different - booking & cancelling holidays; being/not being posted; missing family occasions; going out the door to work then phonecall that you won't see him again for a week/month.. I could go on like many other Army wives but if you are having difficulting coping now don't rush into anything and think about what you want for your future - because your husband-to-be won't be there for most of it.

9. And believe you me I dont want to see those saggy chesticles. Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh my ******* eyes. Hope you manage to get married and good luck to you both

10. Just get married, make sure he knocks yer up quick so when he gets killed in Afg then yer've got a right to stay in social accom all yer life.

11. If you book it they will come.............................................