Wedding Day Bliss - Help me make the day special BUT CHEAP!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by trelawney, Jan 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am sat here listening to Chris Rea singing Highway to Hell...while ex wife and my daughter are sat cackling over fcuking wedding day magazines. Every now and again I hear Chris Rea sing Ching.....Ching....£......Ching....£.........Ching.

As she is my ex wife I obviously got 'fragged' at the divorce court so am looking at stuggling to pay my bit towards the happy day..although they seem not to be noticing my sighs of desparation!

Any money saving tips would be gratefully received...as soon as possible so that I can bring these 2 "money grabbing pair" down to earth!

2. This could be an interesting ARRSE event. Where is it going to be?

First things first, getting a register office do rather than a church - that'll massively reduce the cost.

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It will always end up costing more than you expect.

I would start pushing the idea forward for a beach wedding in Thailand.

Obviously the main costs will be the flights, which a lot of the guests will pay for themselves, everything else is cheap as chips out there and it will still work out cheaper than a UK wedding.

Oh wait just noticed this is in the Naafi, er ..... kill your daughter's fiance, just think of the dirty things he does to your little angel!

4. If still in use the garrison church

5. Good idea. As a tankie can you use Bovingdon garrison church, and drive her away from the service on a Chally?

6. He is RAF and she will also be in it then...hopefully together at RAF Benson. Perhaps they can be whisked away by a Merlin...spares permitting!

Confetti with gold edging.........................FFS I will make that out of tissue paper!

7. RAF church, reception in the officers mess?

8. Oh good idea....SOPRANO 54 you are at RAF Benson.......get this sorted please:

1 x Merlin on call
    Officers Mess
    That fit blonde Stewardess at my table
    There will be more!!!!

9. Get to the cookhouse and ask one of the chefs (mil type, obviously) to make the cake. I made my own in 2004, cost me about €60.

10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I can't begin to imagine the pain you must be going through. Stay strong through this difficult time, my deepest thoughts are with you.

11. Bribe him to elope with her (a wedding can easily cost more than a car, but the latter gets them to Gretna Green without need for any more fuss on your part).

What proportion of this shindig have you promised to pay - some specific bills, or share of final total?

12. Sponge from Tesco's? Scrape Happy Birthday off it and redo the icing :D

I think she thinks I am coughing up the fcuking lot!!

I want to make a contribution the less the better!

His dad is almost a millionaire and his mums boyfriend is seriously high up in BP but me...........well I am a pauper!

13. Given Uxbridge isn't too far from Benson you might be able to get QCS to do the honour guard thing?

Btw, if you can get a good word in for me with the female Merlin driver who won the DFC ... I'd be grateful (she's HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT IMHO)

14. http://www.greenflash.org.uk/gallery/tshirt.html

Got her to pose on here LOL..Just click the little picture!

15. Good man! Still hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot mind!