WEBTEX

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by cam_up, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WEBTEX plce webbing pouches, are they that bad as i've herd the pouches are fine, it's just the clips so if you change them you got fine pouches yet cheaper, and on IRR almost none of our kit is IRR because as sonn as you iron itits fcuked anyway and our webbing is ment to be as IRR as grass what you think

2. Dont waste your money buying Webtex pouches they are rubbish, you can get near new genuine ones from most surplus stores and if they do start falling apart you can get it swapped.

3. Ironing does not reduce the effectiveness of IRR clothing. Only long term wear in normal use does this. The IRR properties are not a 'coating' but a characteristic inherent in the fabric and dyes used.

Webtex is only good for non load bearing kit, such a Nyrex and notebook covers, washbags and silly DPM crap like that. Issue kit is much better.

4. STEP AWAY FROM THE WEBTEX!

5. rofl. I used a webtex assault vest for a good while, and I found it a joy to use. Really comfy, and no dramas at all with it.

6. Have you been taking your medication??

7. mcclurg, you're a cadet at the moment, though, aren't you?

Please clarify if that is not the case, but that is the impression received from yourself on your posts.

8. mcclurg are you a cadet. i think you are! :evil: :twisted: :roll: :x 8O :? :p :x :evil: :twisted: :evil: :censored: :clap: :locked: :frustrated: :donut: :censored: :sleepy: :skull: :relax: :pc: :help: :headbang: :cheese: :headbang: :judge: :outlet: :slow: :bigsmurf: :thanks: :party: :pc: :shakefist: :muhaha: :muhaha: :meditate: :love: :locked: :highfive: :\\ :hump: :glomp: :oops: :p :x :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: "sorry got carried away"

9. & with the Avatar!

10. look FFbox if that is your real name f**k of with the avatar this is in every post aGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH serious PMT moment

11. Rofl, yes i'm a cadet. Still though, i wore my assault vest to death. EVEN ROUND THE HOUSE xD

12. Who's Rofl?
    Cam, chill...

13. However no cadet exercise is ever as hard or places as much strain on kit as any tactical exercise you're likely to do in the Army. Webtex is fine for the Cadets but thats about it. A bloke on my JNCO cadre had a Webtex patrol sack. It broke, unsuprisingly.

Im not Cadet bashing either I spent 8 years in the organisation, I know whereof I speak.

14. That waas my point O_G, not cadet bashing, just pointing out that Army tempo is a fair whack higher than Cadet tempo, and that's why no one in the army seems to use webtex!

15. The only thing wrong with your Avatar was the size of the bloody thing, but you seem to have got the point :wink: