Webtex

Webtex, yes or no?

• No, never!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, its great I own some!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was asked by a friend if he thought it was worth spending more on issue type kit or wyvern or eqv, or cheaping out and buying webtex.
So what do people think of it?
Personally I would say no!
I have one friend from cadets (now at another otc) who swears by it. Havent seen anyone at exeter wearing it.

You get what you pay for cheap crap, stick to the issue kit. It maybe alright for cadet use but when your a cadet do you really need an assault vest answer no.

have found webtex aint that cheap compared tothe genuine kit you can source on ebay. Bought a Web-Tex daysack and after 1 days heavy use it was wrecked, broken zip, hole appeared between the two pouches in the top flap and one of the straps was hanging by threads .

BeastAppreciationSociety. said:
have found webtex aint that cheap compared tothe genuine kit you can source on ebay. Bought a Web-Tex daysack and after 1 days heavy use it was wrecked, broken zip, hole appeared between the two pouches in the top flap and one of the straps was hanging by threads .
That is preety much what I have seen before!

My 2 cents...
If looking for "alternative" kit to issue items (that you are, for starters, not issued with!) I have had good experiences with the Highlander brand.
While not as "posh" (and certainly not bombproof) as Arktis, etc., it still has a good "quality/price" ratio (i.e. value).
Haven't seen their new jungle vest though, although if the Nevis/Forces line of rucksacks is their standard of craftmanship and materiel, I think it would be better than WebTex
Also heard that they were going to enter the "serious" market, with an IRR line of webbing. Haven't tested my crusty "forces 44" ruck with NVGs, though
Cheers

Miss spike bought me a Webtex Assault Vest for my birthday a while back.Not had any problem with it except the 2 large kidney pouches are too small to fit the issue waterbottle & mug.You have to extend the strap to it's limit to close it.

Webtex is shiite, falls apart, not IRR and the pouches couldn't even house a penny....Never bought or had the webbing myself, but a few of the lads around the coy's have and lads telling me the same thing and actually seeing webbing in tatters aint good...Bad rep in the Infantry...

Cadet stuff at best and if your doing any real work with webbing or what not, then you won't go far wrong with the issue stuff or Artkis, the later being the dog's ball bag for Infantry....

I have one friend from cadets (now at another otc) who swears by it.
Don't listen..

Hubby has got various bits of kit being the magpie that he is. He owns about three or four assault vests - don't ask me why because I don't know but I assume it is equivalent to women buying shoes or handbags :D He has a Webtex one and has used it operationally and was really surprised as how robust it was so he either got a rare one (which is probably the best bet) or they have significantly improved the quality of their goods.

I helped out on a cadet camp once and one of the cadets had webtex daysacks that fell apart after three days.
Little kid was gutted that one of his christmas presents had fell apart.
Theres loads of decent condition second hand P.L.C.E out there, i don't know why people bother with webtex.

When I was cadet I sent my parents off to buy to me a cheap grade 1 or 2 DPM inf. bergen, they came back with a brand new webtex one, because "It looked better than the old stuff". It was before they started stitching "Webtex" into everything. Only last me 2 years before ripping at the bottom, and you couldn't use the sidepouches as daysacks if you wanted to carry relatively heavy stuff.

I have one friend from cadets (now at another otc) who swears by it. Havent seen anyone at exeter wearing it.[/quote] says it all really , some lads in my platoon bought a load of webtex on build up training before we went to the sand pit fell apart in two days they were all gutted we thought it was well funny :lol:

Some of it is good, some is bad.

they do a fairly decent map case, and an A6 notebook holder, and a few other little knick-knacks, but thats not difficult, is it?

There webbing, bergans and vests are cak, compared to the issue stuff.

Cadets tend to buy it because its easy to get hold of (Full page ads in Cadet periodicalsfrom Webtex and Cadet Direct, who are another rip-off merchant for some of their lines)

getting good kit is sometimes hard enough for serving soldiers, imagine what its like for cadets/OTC/TA. Good surplus/new Issue kit requires lots of hunting around, patience and some common sense (like avoid Silverman's unless you have no choice whatsoever!)

I'll bet a lot of contractors make a fortune from private sales of mil kit

Just before a mate of mine was due to deploy to the Sandpit, he asked me about Webtex.

He didn’t believe me that they are not built for durability.

But after a few weeks in the GIFA he brought himself a rather Gucci Yank job.

Cheap & but not cheerful!

Should you buy it??? If you are anything other than a cadet ,no,no,no,no,
no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no, and then only with reservation!

Everyone's entitled to a bit of webbing snobbery, but I bought a Webtex Tac Vest 2 1/2 years ago when I became a recycled soldier and have worn it on an almost daily basis since then. It is still going strong, no rips, no tears, bit faded like it's owner, but still good and doing it's job admirably, which is more than I can say for similar Blackhawk products that have fallen apart. Luck of the draw, I guess.

sheldrake said:
Everyone's entitled to a bit of webbing snobbery, but I bought a Webtex Tac Vest 2 1/2 years ago when I became a recycled soldier and have worn it on an almost daily basis since then. It is still going strong, no rips, no tears, bit faded like it's owner, but still good and doing it's job admirably, which is more than I can say for similar Blackhawk products that have fallen apart. Luck of the draw, I guess.
I suspect that blackhawk are made in China. This is because I was in a Walty/airsoft/paintballing shop and saw some stuff called 'Wingha' or something like that that looked half decent and absolutely identical to blackhawk kit (I've got a few pouches and a couple of slings) but it was half the price!

A friend went to the Nuremberg IWA Shot sow last year and suggested to the rep from blackhawk that his kit was not made in America with pride, but actually made in a Chinky sweat shop by commie slave labour, and the only American bit was the packaging, and the exorbitant price!

The rep called security and asked them to remove him forthwith. Security declined to do so, and said to the rep 'answer the question'

Blackhawk opted to leave instead and packed up early that day. Have they been rumbled?

Latest Threads