• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Webtex ammo pouch flask...what a crock of shoite!!!!

I bought one of those ammo pouch sized thermal metal flask things... utter shit..it leaks like you would not believe.

I'm surprised as Webtex are supposed to make decent kit and I'm not the first person I know that this has happened to.

Can anyone recommend another brand of flask of this size...the sort that you shove in your pouch for a quick brew on the move?

Cheers.

Attachments

I bought one of those ammo pouch sized thermal metal flask things... utter shit..it leaks like you would not believe.

I'm surprised as Webtex are supposed to make decent kit and I'm not the first person I know that this has happened to.
How are you surprised?!

Lifeventure ones are good, seems to be the standard on everyone uses. Worth putting some green tape around it to stop it slipping out of your hands when you're wearing gloves.

B

bokkatankie

I had one that slipped in the pocket, and was contoured to the hip. Brilliantly useful in every circumstance.

As a new user, please tell me, in the next few days, where u "found" an even better type flask ?
I too would be interested to know.
Desktop - do you think that there is any chance that the OP may manage to source an alternative drinking vessel (possibly from a hitherto unheard of company) that fills all his non-leaking brew requirements?

How are you surprised?!

Lifeventure ones are good, seems to be the standard on everyone uses. Worth putting some green tape around it to stop it slipping out of your hands when you're wearing gloves.
I was surprised as I have a couple of other Webtex bits and pieces and they all seem pretty good quality and they are a well known company. This thermal flask though...its always leaked and a few of my mates said exactly the same about theirs. Hopefully this Lifeventure one will be a bit better!

Soggy4978

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I was surprised as I have a couple of other Webtex bits and pieces and they all seem pretty good quality and they are a well known company. This thermal flask though...its always leaked and a few of my mates said exactly the same about theirs. Hopefully this Lifeventure one will be a bit better!
Yeah, I hear the IRR qualities of Webtex kit are particularly impressive. Snigger.

Just reminds me of an incident in training, being inspected in the field, DS going berserk at finding items other than ammunition in ones Ammunition Pouches.... Lesson swiftly learnt there. Ammo pouches are for munitions, not flasks, what are you going to do, offer terry a brew?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....

Can anyone recommend another brand of flask of this size...the sort that you shove in your pouch for a quick brew on the move?

Cheers.
Webtex always has been and always will be ****!

Latest Threads