Webtex ammo pouch flask...what a crock of shoite!!!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Webtexkitsucks, Feb 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I bought one of those ammo pouch sized thermal metal flask things... utter shit..it leaks like you would not believe.

I'm surprised as Webtex are supposed to make decent kit and I'm not the first person I know that this has happened to.

Can anyone recommend another brand of flask of this size...the sort that you shove in your pouch for a quick brew on the move?

Attached Files:

2. I have one made by Lifeventure.

Had it for years, and never a leak. Drinking tea from it right now...mmmm.

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Surely your ammo pouch is for keeping ammo in? Or am I missing something?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. As a new user, please tell me, in the next few days, where u "found" an even better type flask ?
  5. How are you surprised?!

Lifeventure ones are good, seems to be the standard on everyone uses. Worth putting some green tape around it to stop it slipping out of your hands when you're wearing gloves.
  6. I had one that slipped in the pocket, and was contoured to the hip. Brilliantly useful in every circumstance.
  7. I too would be interested to know.
    Desktop - do you think that there is any chance that the OP may manage to source an alternative drinking vessel (possibly from a hitherto unheard of company) that fills all his non-leaking brew requirements?
  8. Thanks for the advice matey...I'll give one a go. Just bought one off eBay.

9. Webtex make good kit? since when!
    • Like Like x 3
  10. I was surprised as I have a couple of other Webtex bits and pieces and they all seem pretty good quality and they are a well known company. This thermal flask though...its always leaked and a few of my mates said exactly the same about theirs. Hopefully this Lifeventure one will be a bit better!
  11. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Yeah, I hear the IRR qualities of Webtex kit are particularly impressive. Snigger.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. And you created an account, just to slag off one flask? And you called it "Webtexkitsucks"? I wonder who you work for...

13. More out of frustration at having a leaky flask when I fancied taking a brew with me than anything else... problem?
  14. Ha ha ha ha ha, oh that's a good one!
    As an alternative to buying one, get the issued one!