Webspace - help please

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Interceptor, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help needed please.

For the last few years I have used Tiscali as my ISP. Tiscali provided a certain amount of webspace and I used it to host a pretty crappy home website for all the relatives to see photos of my kids.

Now I'm with O2, and although the price, speed and customer service are miles better I don't get any webspace. I'd like to have some for my family website.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced web hosting service? I'm not looking for anything flashy - just a cheap, basic deal.

2. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

If its just for showing photos you could use something like photobucket

Its pretty sophisticated, can be secured and has a wide range of slideshow and editing features

Or even Facebook, Flickr etc

If you need a decent web host, I use Servage, £4.50 per month and loads of features and traffic allowance
  3. Why not just go on facebook, keep your settings private, and put all your pic's and things on there for the family/freinds? sorted :wink:
  4. [Deleted]
  5. Shop around. Read reviews. Get recommendations (which in fact you have started to do: wise move). Above all, check if any service you're considering has anything at all to do with Pipex, and if it does, walk away quickly without looking back. Believe it or not, they are even worse than Tiscali.

Need some independent verification? Try Googling for "Pipex crap" and similar - you'll soon be sooo glad you didn't go down that road.