• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Websites who acknowledge Poppy Day, and those who dont

#1
We had a thread like this last year listing those who have at leasxt made the effort to show an poppy and those who dont, its nearly appon us so time to name and shame!

Poppies on website

Conservative party
Yahoo

Those that dont
Labour party
Lib/Dems (come on Sven sort it out)
AOL

I have not included Google as they usually put one on, on the 11th.

So anymore supportive websites or those who cant seem to be bothered?
 
#2
Well we have had the banners up for weeks and are proud to support the RBL - believe it or not we still get some w@nkers telling us we shouldn't be placing their banners on our site because they may offend!

What the f@ck....! we sell MILITARY watches. I think every BRITISH company should show their support.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#3
The Telegraph
ArmyNet
The Times
CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Of the sites I read all do.
 
#4
I Beleive google will put theirs up on Sunday they usually do it every year
 
#5
Newspapers with a poppy

The Sun
The Mirror
The Express
The Times

Without
The Guardian (no real surprise)
The Daily Mail
The Star (does anyone read this anyway)
 
#6
Facebook has a virtual poppy for anyone who wants to add one to their profile.



Do you think the great Pte Golden has one yet
 
#7
mac_uk said:
Facebook has a virtual poppy for anyone who wants to add one to their profile.



Do you think the great Pte Golden has one yet
No, he'll just have a bunch of pansies, like the ones he hangs about with.
 
#9
No great suprise there then.
 
#10
halomonkey said:
BBC home page, no poppy but a bloody banner for children in need
It appears none of the broadcasting companies have a poppy on their website, but the BBC which typicaly covers rememberance day should at least have some awareness, p1ss poor I'd say.
 

Forastero

LE
Moderator
#11
rebel_with_a_cause said:
mac_uk said:
Facebook has a virtual poppy for anyone who wants to add one to their profile.



Do you think the great Pte Golden has one yet
No, he'll just have a bunch of pansies, like the ones he hangs about with.
Excellent - made me chuckle out loud! :D
 
#13
leveller said:
We had a thread like this last year listing those who have at leasxt made the effort to show an poppy and those who dont, its nearly appon us so time to name and shame!

Poppies on website

Conservative party
Yahoo

Those that dont
Labour party

I have not included Google as they usually put one on, on the 11th.

So anymore supportive websites or those who cant seem to be bothered?
Your right the Labour party website doesn't have a poppy - It just has a whole field of them and a message from the Defence Secretary
 
#14
dingerr said:
leveller said:
We had a thread like this last year listing those who have at leasxt made the effort to show an poppy and those who dont, its nearly appon us so time to name and shame!

Poppies on website

Conservative party
Yahoo

Those that dont
Labour party

I have not included Google as they usually put one on, on the 11th.

So anymore supportive websites or those who cant seem to be bothered?
Your right the Labour party website doesn't have a poppy - It just has a whole field of them and a message from the Defence Secretary
Just two wars we didnt start, and should not have got involved with in the first place :twisted: and those lives lost land firmly at the door of brown and blair, my respect to the fallen, but not to those who sent them there.

They fell in my name and country, but not through my will.
 
#15
MilitaryWatches said:
Well we have had the banners up for weeks and are proud to support the RBL - believe it or not we still get some w@nkers telling us we shouldn't be placing their banners on our site because they may offend!

What the f@ck....! we sell MILITARY watches. I think every BRITISH company should show their support.
Good for you and tell the w@ankers to fcuk off :twisted:
 
#16
leveller said:
I have not included Google as they usually put one on, on the 11th.
None so far... Hope they don't let the million's of dollars they earn in a day put them off doing the right thing.
 
#19
I'm not normally one to go against popular opinion, but surely those who died in past conflicts did so for our freedom? Freedom to choose what we do or don't do? To make an effort to Remember Them will always be a respected motion, but to chastise those who don't is rather unfair.

I myself have bought a poppy every day I've been in town for the last few weeks (about seven or eight now) and I make contributions in various other guises. On the odd day that I step out of my front door without wearing one I shouldn't have to feel guilty.

Its not an unrealistic thought that those companies who don't display poppies on their websites may actually contribute a great deal in one way or another. Should we really be slating them just because they don't advertise this fact?
 
#20
Yes because maybe next year rather than furtively supporting the cause they will stand tall and proud beside us. It is time for those who support those who have given them the freedoms they take for granted to show that they do. Thus we can happily support them.In the same way as those who do not should be named and whilst they are unlikely to feel any shame, we can exercise our right to choose by not supporting them.

edited to add. We only wear the poppy for one week, how hard is it to check you have a poppy on? Even so we are all human and do forget, therefore we buy another one. Does it matter how many you have bought? Having to buy several in a week because you forgot to put it on your jacket shows that you have not thought about it enough.I am guilty of having lost several poppies during the week and having to replace them but I am not guilty of not checking my jacket/shirt every time I go out to ensure I am wearing one. I even carry a spare one in the car in case I lose the one in my jacket. On the occassions I have had to use the spare i buy another one to replace it. I am not claiming to be any more special than anyone else, just saying try not just buying a poppy because you should but wearing it because for one week you actually want to show how much you appreciate what it stands for.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top