Webley air rifle for sale (non FAC)

ugly

LE
On offer for around £350, a chap I know is selling this and I thought I'd offer it to arrssers with pest problems and where 40mm HE is ott!

Sorry folks, this is now sold!

Attachments

Nice but well out of my price range unfortunately.

Rodney2q

Ugly,
What calibre is it? Is it single shot or does it have one of those revolver type mag set-ups? What part of the UK is it in?
Cheers

Last Webley .22 I had did not need a stirrup pump, just a crank or two on the rifle and that would be enough to kill a Rat at 30-40 yards. What'll it do with the pump.

ugly

LE
Ugly,
What calibre is it? Is it single shot or does it have one of those revolver type mag set-ups? What part of the UK is it in?
Cheers
South Coast PM sent.
You could always do your flat tyres with the pump. If that price shocks you dont whatever you do look at Competition air rifles like the Anschutz.

not a bad price... pity its to far from me... the pump makes for hard work,, and if you have to use it"in the field" it beggers your aim for the day :(

ugly

LE
It can be shipped £15 to an RFD near you!

not a bad price... pity its to far from me... the pump makes for hard work,, and if you have to use it"in the field" it beggers your aim for the day :(
When it has been pumped up, you should get at least 70 plus shots at full power. The other way is to charge them from a diving cylinder.
BTW - be careful pumping the B. things up otherwise you'll see strange colours and stars; unaccustomed exercise and all that :)

ugly

LE
Pm me and in the morning I'll chase the seller!

has anyone seen a "lee enfield air rifle ? i understand one was made by crossman..but i cannot find it anywhere,,

ugly

LE
I don't recall crossman but brocock did one with the TAC tandem air cartridge making them section 1 nowadays! That's assuming you can find one.

used to use .223 pellets fac rated could be a beast don't think plod were very impressed though by the concept

has anyone seen a "lee enfield air rifle ? i understand one was made by crossman..but i cannot find it anywhere,,
There was a bizarre item floating around at a Bisley arms fair a while back: someone had managed to insert/weld/bodge an underlever air rifle into a No1. Not a bad attempt, but clearly not a factory job.

There is some sort of plastic replica SMLE made by a Japanese company - you can find them on eBay. I don't think it is an air rifle, though.

Saxby-Palmer also made a brocock-style set of air cartridges that could be fired through an Enfield; quite valuable collectors' items now - those that are allowed to keep prohibited weapons...

ugly

LE
Saxby palmer' that's the one. Can't still be trading?

Saxby palmer' that's the one. Can't still be trading?
Bought out by Brocock IIRC. Always fancied a Galaxy or Saturn rifle not to mention the Orion revolver. Still, I've made up for it since..

I remember a hysterical news item when the converted Lee Enfield hit the market, they compared some puny little rifle denting tin cans with the Lee Enfield 'blowing up' sealed fizzy pop cans to prove how dangerous it was. Several friends took out FACs just to keep their Orions when the ban came in and now own a cabinet full of 'real' firearms as a direct consequence.