Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by hoof, May 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, may be a daft question, but iv been told that during basic training you get the chance to use the army computers that have webcams, is this true, and are the webcams working. Be nice to tell my kids that id be able to see them when i chat to them, anyone know if this is true? By the way im going to pirbright. cheers
  2. Course it's true,don't want new troopers feeling homesick now...that wouldn't do!!
  3. Don't know about the webcams mate but good luck at basic
  4. I'm taking my computer so i can play battlefield and the like at basic.

Just kidding :D
  5. Hahaha! DaPs
  6. For you to see your kids, it's them that need to have the webcam.

I don't know if it's true. They told me that kit cleaning only took five minutes per day....
  7. I heard they issue you mobile phones as well - completely free.

Jarrod told me, so it must be true.
  8. Will I be able to play Football Manager on said computers at Basic?
  9. Use computers? But why?

Do u wish to go cyber with ur i-friends in the "down low" room?
  10. It was a simple question guys, if you dont have an answer, then just ignore the question. Dont have to answer like a tw@t.
  11. (stolen from another site)
    calm down dear, its only the internet.
  12. Bloody hell, I play that too much these days anyway. Basic = massive BF break :roll:
  13. I have no idea about Pirbright, but Lichfield had the WRVS shed that had computers - you could use msn etc (not really MY bag, mind) and therefore you could potentially see a webcam - Lichfield didn't have any webcams of their own, I don't know about Pirbright.

Despite what all of these guys that haven't yet been there are on about (OK, you're all gonna rip me cos' you're all super para dagger weilding PTI goddesses(!)), you will have time to use your phone, use the computers and contact home a fair bit. You can use the PCs around twice per week (maybe) and you can get on the phone most nights (not on EXs).

They extended the basic time frame to bring in Sunday day of rest (although that is at your troop commanders discretion), so you should have plenty of time to contact your kids, although using your own webcam may be pushing it.
  14. You wont have time for webcams with all the soggy buscuit you'll be forced to play
  15. Soggy biscuit hahahahaha... Haunted So I am.