Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by EX_STAB, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it.

I just bought a webcam. The only one in the shop £13.
    I thought it would be a bit ropey but did expect it to work. Total sack of sh t.

So they can have it back.

So, can anyone recommend a good webcam with a proper lens, video quality as good as my Nokia and a decent condenser mike to pick up noise across the room?

I don't mind paying for something that works.

2. Webcam eh? :wink:
  3. Yes, a webcam. It's a camera that you use for live streaming video over the internet. Video phone, that sort of thing.
  4. I found that a sony itoy from a ps2 makes a fantastic webcam if you can download the software for it off the net, its also a fraction of a price of a decent webcam.
  5. I know perfectly well what a webcam is thankyou.

There are hundreds on the market. Logitech do good ones, have look around.
  6. WAH!

If you haven't got anything useful to contribute why bother?
  7. That's not a wah. You need to brush up on your wah skills (perhaps they're better on the weekends?)

So....why don't you narrow the search? What's your budget? What megapixel do you want? Colour?

If you think that I'm gonna trawl through the thousands of webcams to suggest a few then you can fcuk off.

Ever heard the expression "help me to help you"?

8. Do you have any personal experience of good or bad ones?
    Does that help? :roll:

Whatever, it's getting late. Don't worry about it.
  9. Well I am devastatingly attractive and charming so what did you expect? :)
  10. msr

msr LE

What is the problem with the current one?

Most cameras will produce an image which is way beyond the capacity of skype etc to transmit it.

Bit like CDs and mp3s.

11. Well, the supplied software isn't signed off. Half the functions of the software are disabled. The image quality is appalling. The microphone won't pick anything up unless you speak directly into it. MSN won't work with it and on and on.

It's just sh1t

I'd use my Nokia if I could make it talk to the laptop. Still looking for some software I think I could trust.
  12. A fool and his money...
  13. Why keep your mouth shut and appear to be an idiot when you can open it and remove all doubt?

14. msr

msr LE

Indeed ;)