Webcams

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it.

I just bought a webcam. The only one in the shop £13.
I thought it would be a bit ropey but did expect it to work. Total sack of sh t.

So they can have it back.

So, can anyone recommend a good webcam with a proper lens, video quality as good as my Nokia and a decent condenser mike to pick up noise across the room?

I don't mind paying for something that works.

Ta.

I found that a sony itoy from a ps2 makes a fantastic webcam if you can download the software for it off the net, its also a fraction of a price of a decent webcam.

P

PrinceAlbert

EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:
Webcam eh? :wink:
Yes, a webcam. It's a camera that you use for live streaming video over the internet. Video phone, that sort of thing.
I know perfectly well what a webcam is thankyou.

There are hundreds on the market. Logitech do good ones, have look around.

PrinceAlbert said:
EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:
Yes, a webcam. It's a camera that you use for live streaming video over the internet. Video phone, that sort of thing.

WAH!

If you haven't got anything useful to contribute why bother?

P

PrinceAlbert

EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:
EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:

WAH!

That's not a wah. You need to brush up on your wah skills (perhaps they're better on the weekends?)

So....why don't you narrow the search? What's your budget? What megapixel do you want? Colour?

If you think that I'm gonna trawl through the thousands of webcams to suggest a few then you can fcuk off.

Ever heard the expression "help me to help you"?

PrinceAlbert said:
EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:
EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:

WAH!

That's not a wah. You need to brush up on your wah skills (perhaps they're better on the weekends?)

So....why don't you narrow the search? What's your budget? What megapixel do you want? Colour?

If you think that I'm gonna trawl through the thousands of webcams to suggest a few then you can fcuk off.

Do you have any personal experience of good or bad ones?
Does that help? :roll:

Whatever, it's getting late. Don't worry about it.

jarrod248 said:
Ex_Stab, you've been on facebook two weeks and now wanting a webcam?? Cheeky old Ex_Stab
Well I am devastatingly attractive and charming so what did you expect? :)

What is the problem with the current one?

Most cameras will produce an image which is way beyond the capacity of skype etc to transmit it.

Bit like CDs and mp3s.

mr

msr said:
What is the problem with the current one?

Most cameras will produce an image which is way beyond the capacity of skype etc to transmit it.

Bit like CDs and mp3s.

mr
Well, the supplied software isn't signed off. Half the functions of the software are disabled. The image quality is appalling. The microphone won't pick anything up unless you speak directly into it. MSN won't work with it and on and on.

It's just sh1t

I'd use my Nokia if I could make it talk to the laptop. Still looking for some software I think I could trust.

EX_STAB said:

I thought it would be a bit ropey but did expect it to work. Total sack of sh t
Indeed ;)

msr said:
EX_STAB said:

I thought it would be a bit ropey but did expect it to work. Total sack of sh t
Indeed ;)
Well that's it. I mean you could barely tell it was me in the picture! Sale of goods act applies in this case. I did tell them I expected it to work even if it wasn't great but it doesn't even work properly!

jarrod248 said:
EX_STAB said:
jarrod248 said:
Ex_Stab, you've been on facebook two weeks and now wanting a webcam?? Cheeky old Ex_Stab
Well I am devastatingly attractive and charming so what did you expect? :)
An invite on facebook :D
There's no-one on my list that would lift your skirt. Well nobody who'd be interested anyway! I'll have a word with Jim when I see him, he'd be right up your alley!

Up to now I have never bought a webcam for over £10, All those that I do have still working give me a very good image of what I want. Before any smart arsse chips in :), I actually take them apart and have them in radio control kits, the garden and in the pond. I also use a number of them in house security locations and they give very good images, all being controlled by movement control software. All are cheap and nasty but do the job, as for using them as was intended, they are excellent. The last one I got was from Argos, £10 and it is a Mikomi. For those interested I use an extended usb cable, the pond being the farthest uses a 25m cable with an extended either end, the house cameras just use a normal usb cable, longest being 10m.

Jim

P

PrinceAlbert

EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:
EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:
EX_STAB said:
PrinceAlbert said:

WAH!

Do you have any personal experience of good or bad ones?
Does that help? :roll:

Whatever, it's getting late. Don't worry about it.
I have an old Logitech one lying around somewhere, it's a bit old, but worked perfectly well. That's why I recommended Logitech beforehand. I think I spent about £50 on it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 14