Webbing..

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by v1n1984, Nov 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning..

ill probably get slammed for creating another post on this matter + not sifting thru the site looking for it.. ah well :roll:

basically im wondering how everyone else configs their webbing. atm ive just got the 4 mag pouches + a util + water pouch. any ideas on improvement would be appreciated, as everyone im trg with are mostly the same as me (numpty scum).

finally got to use the A2 yesterday at Halton even if it was only skill at arms. also got my first glimpse of sea cadet instructorship. i swear one of the women was 10x the man i am. and why the hell do the cadets march around the camp in red boiler suits :? i says the scouts are harder than sea cadets.

is there many from up cumbria way and more specifically from C coy?

btw absolutely top crack on this site, im absolutely hooked. keep up the good work :lol:

2. Leave your webbing as standard, ignore what everyone else is doing and concentrate on soldiering skills. Fair enough ?

3. BUGGAR

Wrong sort of webbing !!!!1

4. Doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it carries what you need and what you'll use.

You can have the full stock of Silvermans in there but there's no point if all you'll ever do is hump it around, the more kit, the heavier it is. if you don't need it don't carry it, makes a hell of a difference when you're issued extra ammo, smoke, illum etc

5. Was sorely tempted but decided on "sensible" post instead :lol:

Sounded like a youngster who wouldn't know what the other kind of webbing was, unless he's 42 Cdo :twisted:

6. Yes it's a sensible thread. My question is who do I see about diffys? My webbing seems to be missing the straps to attach my laptop! :wink:

7. Wasn't too bad with the old combat jkts, that must have been what the big arrse pocket was for :D

Brings a new meaning to memory dump 8O

8. :lol: I was led here under false pretences too, can we have him under the Trades description Act?

9. Many thanks Mr Bravo
    I only asked so i can walt it to the max when next down at the range.. not! harhar! although some peeps do take the p155 coming in in para smocks with boots that would make any coldstream guard cry in shame etc etc

and nope aint got a clue on the other sort of webbing, im guessing its some sexual innuendo that involves a nekkid bloke being tied up spider style then given a damned good rodgering with x implements

10. Many thanks Mr Bravo
    I only asked so i can walt it to the max when next down at the range.. not! harhar! although some peeps do take the p155 coming in in para smocks with boots that would make any coldstream guard cry in shame etc etc

and nope aint got a clue on the other sort of webbing, im guessing its some sexual innuendo that involves a nekkid bloke being tied up spider style then given a damned good rodgering with x implements

11. Learn to use the Queens English you chav scum

12. Don't overload your belt kit with crap, if you spank loads of pouches on there then you'll only end up filling them with loads of shIte you don't need.
    When it comes to the slaughter all you'll need is bullets and water!!

13. You need a good set of "kidney pouches" they held all you needed in the field........ :)

14. id run with that - the only thing i added was an extra utility pouch, and yep, i filled it with sh1te