Webbing question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by booty_cadet, Feb 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Putting together some webbing and want to know which is bigger, the water bottle pouch or the utility pouch? Thanks

2. Think it says on the inside of the covers.

3. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I've heard that it's the water bottle and i've also heard that it's the utility. Just go with what fits best for you. I go for 1 double ammo, 1 single ammo, 1 utility (on right hip) and 3 WB pouches.

4. Surely if you've the both of them in front of you, you can tell which is bigger can't you?

5. I meant putting together as in buying, and its been a while since issued them at cadets.

6. They are exactly the same size externally. The reason the water bottle pouch looks smaller is due to the little internal pocket.

If you're wanting to make up a set of webbing and you need pouch space, go for utility pouches.

7. One definite is the Utility pouches are definitely more secure on the webbing, The water bottle pouch i had fell off so many times that i just bought a utility pouch and made a straight swap of the two.

8. Fill waterbottle with water, then pour contents into utility pouch......if it overflows then the waterbottle pouch is the larger, if there is space left etc etc etc...........

Incidentally, what happened to booty-cadet, did he reacch puberty?

9. thedobo are you bored mate? digging up threads! :)

10. what about the hole in the bottom!!!

11. YES!