Webbing Contents.

There are oodles of packing lists floating about for kit to carry in webbing, above the obvious (rounds, water, rations etc.) what i'd like is some suggestions (serious, please) from subject matter experts.

I Carry all this in my beltkit, theres more but i can't think of it right now.
Torch
Headtorch
Spare Compass
GPS
FFD
Whistle
Fishing Reel with 30m of paracord
6x 6' Nails
Hexy
Emergence Rations
Metal Mug
Small Medkit
Leathermans
Weapon Cleaning Kit
Sling
2x Waterbottles
Speedloader
Mosi Headnet
Puritabs

Bassically all the stuff you'd need to survive if you had to bin your bergan!

B

Brandt

Ammo, water, first aid kit, comms kit, NOTHING ELSE. This lot'll keep you alive much longer than an oatmeal block and 30m of paracord.

The thing on the rifle is a "laser light". It has a red-dot sight and a maglight style torch in one. These operate in both the visable spectrum and the IR spectrum.

The 'thing' to the right of the bayonet is a monocular which allows you to see the above lights, when they're in IR mode.

B

Brandt

Morty said:
Do you get issued DPM Camelbak's too?
Yes- and the other desciptions of the monocle and LLM (laser light marker) were right.

The latter is a great bit of kit- the dot itself is really effective. If civvies go somewhere they shouldn't, a red dot on their chest sort of reinforces your message that they should go away.

Morty said:
Do you get issued DPM Camelbak's too?
Don't want to sound pedantic, but the one I was issued is a 'Source hydration' pack.

If you've ever tried to fill one up from a river, you'll realise why you also need to retain at least one water-bottle as well. It's like trying to put toothpaste back into the tube :lol:

Is that your spare grundies and a w*** sock to the right of your weapon cleaning kit? If so they need a wash, or at least turning inside out.

Is the tube thing below your gloves a giving set?

Did your mobile phone work or was it just for snake and tetris etc? If it did, which network worked best? I've heard lads who have been bumped and expect the worse have phoned home to say goodbye, think I'd rather leave mine behind.

B

Brandt

stroker said:
Is that your spare grundies and a w*** sock to the right of your weapon cleaning kit? If so they need a wash, or at least turning inside out.

Is the tube thing below your gloves a giving set?

Did your mobile phone work or was it just for snake and tetris etc? If it did, which network worked best? I've heard lads who have been bumped and expect the worse have phoned home to say goodbye, think I'd rather leave mine behind.
LOL! It's a weapon cleaning rag and the bag for the 1st aid kit! No time for w@nking! The thing below the gloves isn't a tube, it is a load of small bits of coat hangar with mine tape attached. The idea is that if you find yourself in a minefield, you prod your way out with the trusty bayonet and mark the clear area with the wire. The roll next to it is orange mine tape. The phone was a local one- they issued them for patrols. I don't know what the network was, but I do know that Vodaphone didn't work. I think some guys got a local sim card and put them in their phones.

Brandt said:
Ammo, water, first aid kit, comms kit, NOTHING ELSE. This lot'll keep you alive much longer than an oatmeal block and 30m of paracord.

This lot did OK most of the time.

(one mag not shown, and sometimes carried a box of LMG ammo).

I don't believe you took a photo of your kit. Nice carpet by the way.

StabTiffy2B said:
The thing on the rifle is a "laser light". It has a red-dot sight and a maglight style torch in one. These operate in both the visable spectrum and the IR spectrum.
Almost shot the wad!

Seriously though, I always recommend individualy wrapped wet wipes. Nothing like getting the grit from your crack and the cooling effect. Nice.

changingmag said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Almost shot the wad!

Seriously though, I always recommend individualy wrapped wet wipes. Nothing like getting the grit from your crack and the cooling effect. Nice.
good stuff, any other top tips for the stan packing list?