Web-Tex Classic Assault Vest

What would you reccomend for a 3* LCpl to put in this? At this moment in time, in it i have:
Top Left Pouch: Insulated flask with brew kit inside
Top Right Pouch: Spair socks, Compo meal, Warburtons bug wrapper to go over my mess tin when i get scoff
Back Left Pouch: Water Bottle, note pad
Back Right Pouch: Mess tin, Gas Cooker, Gas cartridge, camo net to pack it tight
Front Left Pouch: Bungees, Shemagh, First Aid Pouch, Lighter, 2x Cam cream, Pen Knife, Black PVC Tape
Front Right Pouch: Baliclaver(Worn as warm hat), Head over, Scrim net, Tw*t hat, Fruit sweets, more bungees, Black PVC tape, Muzzle cover with Cats Eyes inside.

Also is there any way of adding another pouch to the system or can anyone give any tips and tricks to put it to better use?

Thanks.

Have a look at the numerous other threads about the contents of webbing. Obviously being a Cadet you aint going to need much of the kit that a reg will carry. Keep the kit in your webbing minimal and use a daysack to carry the majority of you items if you can. Things like gas cartridges you really dont want to me doing section attacks etc with these inside an ops vest.

In my webbing used to have:

Left ammo pouches: Mags
First utility pouch: Water bottle, Metal Mug.
Second utility pouch: Cam cream, string, wooly hat/bush hat, small torch with red filter, small survival tin (was sop's for some reason in my last unit)
, mine prodding kit (Again SOP's in my last unit)
Third utility pouch:Days rations broken down, hexy cooker and blocks, sometimes substituted for just blocks with a few nails
Fourth pouch: Second water bottle, small first aid kit with FFD.
Right ammo pouches: Cleaning kit with speed loader in between the pouches, ammo.
Leatherman/gerber in its own pouch in front of the right ammo pouch.

Personally wouldnt use a COP vest in the field, would stick to normal webbing, in my cop vest in iraq/afghanistan all i had was ammo and water, pistol, FFDs, the rest in my pockets/daysack etc.

Hope this helps, I know your a cadet but just a few tips.

jmj

Old-Salt
Rfn_Warrior said:
Yeah, i'll bare that in mind. Were could i get a speed loader if they're available on the market? Or wouldn't you reccomend one to cadets?
Do you ever get issued ammunition on clips? If not, it'll be just another useless bit of plastic. (They don't work with boxed ammo, only stuff on brass clips).

Who said anything about a fashion parade? All the kit that is in the assault vest was in my webbing, and got used to its fullest. Not once bit of kit inside it hasn't been used.

To test out which is better to use. Plus my brother is starting as well so i may give one of them to him, not that he'll need it just yet. Plus, i didn't pay for it out of pocket money, i don't get any. I payed it out of work money.

No, i wasn't issued webbing. I bought them both out of my own back pocket. And i did answer it if you read my post again. To test out which is better to use.

So why aren't you issurd webbing? Oh but your are, that horrid 58 pattern webbing which was good enough to keep the commies at bay during the cold war and good enough to keep the paddy's in check and take the falklands back!

Look, I can understand peeps wanting the gucci gear, but if you keep buying stuff, what's the incentive to issue you with anything, let alone anything half decent!

It's cadets mate, not the TA/Regular Army. We don't get issued anything but basic uniform. We buy our own boots and 95 shirt and any other optional items. Plus my webbing is PLCE. Shall i post my load out for you?

Rfn_Warrior said:
Who said anything about a fashion parade? All the kit that is in the assault vest was in my webbing, and got used to its fullest. Not once bit of kit inside it hasn't been used.
I do not disagree with that statement, the question is WHY carry it in your webbing/vest

Lets break it down, remember your CEFO (be it webbing or vest) is your FIGHTING order, all you carry in ot is what you need to fight and survive

Top Left Pouch: Insulated flask with brew kit inside
Do you reallu need a flask in a fight through ? Nice kit if vehicle born, just about passable if you had a patrol sack

Top Right Pouch: Spair socks, Compo meal, Warburtons bug wrapper to go over my mess tin when i get scoff
Good move having a days worth food in your kit just in case but socks FFS !!!!! Dry socks in bergan, socks in webbing is dead weight and pointless, if you are cut off from your kit, your feet being wet is your last concern

Back Left Pouch: Water Bottle, note pad
Fine, prefer notebook in jacket but I understand that vest being an extension of you the jacket, in a sense.

Back Right Pouch: Mess tin, Gas Cooker, Gas cartridge, camo net to pack it tight
Bergan kit, all of it, if anything carry a metal mug and hexmin to survive, remember compo can me eat cold

Front Left Pouch: Bungees, Shemagh, First Aid Pouch, Lighter, 2x Cam cream, Pen Knife, Black PVC Tape

Front Right Pouch: Baliclaver(Worn as warm hat), Head over, Scrim net, Tw*t hat, Fruit sweets, more bungees, Black PVC tape, Muzzle cover with Cats Eyes inside.
Theres a hell of a lot of warm kit there, why exactly do you need

Shemagh
Baliclaver
Head over
Tw*t hat
Scrim net (if worn as scalf)

?????????

Wolly hat and shemagh is all you need, if its summer, swap with hat jungle like or similar

Also is there any way of adding another pouch to the system or can anyone give any tips and tricks to put it to better use?
not needed my friend, the question shouldn't be, what else can I stick in ? but what do I need ?

There are 2 things missing from that set up, the 2 most important things

Bullets and Water

Where do the magazines go ? If you need anything get another water bottle

Latest Threads