Web advertisement rip-offs

Just now I visit ARRSE, and the ad at the top of the page catches my eye because it reads "WATERSPORTS". So of course I get all excited and click on the bloody link and...it's just some bloody outdoor holiday tour operator :x . From zero to aroused to zero in two seconds.

Anyone have similar stories of either misleading web ads, or Freudian misinterpretations?

Z

Zarathustra

It keeps trying to get me to buy vintage british victorian army navy postcards from ebay

B

blindfire

crow_bag said:
It keeps trying to get me to buy vintage british victorian army navy postcards from ebay
thats cos your a Guardsman crow and still live in the 1800s :D

Stanley1975 said:
For some reason the Gay Military Dating ad is always shown in pretty much every topic. Does ARRSE know something about me I don't :?
Not all of them - it had "Korean Dating" at the bottom of the thread about N Korea potentially kicking off and nuking everyone. Make love not war, I guess, but I still want my all expenses paid adventure holiday to Pyongyang.

iamalondoncrab said:
Not all of them - it had "Korean Dating" at the bottom of the thread about N Korea potentially kicking off and nuking everyone. Make love not war, I guess, but I still want my all expenses paid adventure holiday to Pyongyang.
Surely, Pyongwang?