Weather and this weekends sport

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Dec 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

So sat in my office again planning my trip to Hampshire with the dogs and the forecast weather has just arrived. Snow eh, its less than a month since we were heavily snowed in down here and I've just turned down an early morning stalk to drive through this! That must be an inch in 15 minutes!

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Stop boasting you auld bugger; we all know it's not true!! :p

I'd offer to come and help out, but I'm VOR at the moment.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I personally hope it stays right through to the new year this time, give us a chance to get used to it! I was planning on boiling out a roebuck skull on sunday, I'll dry some firewood and use the Ozpig!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sat back in the office, I got as far as Angmering and turned back, not worth risking life for a days sport, always be bank holiday monday as long as the weather stays the same we will use the truck.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Glad we came back really, hampshire has been fairly hammered!

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No doubt the Government will declare a National Emergency as the southern counties have had snow!!!

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We had snow last time before scotland, and as per usual everyone whinged. The real drama was no mail no doubt thanks to CWU H&S rep declaring it unsafe to empty or collect or deliver. The train companies got loads of stick when really its NR to deal with infrastructure. Govt are pretty wet but did you know that in westminster council area every bit of public pavement and road gets gritted and cleared?
    I had the joy of attending winter prep meetings with london boroughs for TfL and they were shambolic compared to rail!
    Only Westminster had a grip!

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Better not to go than be stuck on a motorway (yes we have some of those, not many but two) and be a hindrance to the emergency services because some prick cant drive properly!

9. You call that snow? Damned southern softies I have got more than that in my ice box in my fridge :)

10. Yes thank you, I've got your drift. :)

11. More dogs than guns on the local shoot this morning, when I dropped in for a chat with the keeper. Only 5 guns made it, poor effort. Snow in home counties, London cut off....

B

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thats not where I was heading, Hampshire was behind us as we nade our way home, read the thread man.

13. Whats worse, Bisley is not shooting this coming week due to staff shortages, how rubbish is that!

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Rather typical sadly of the notional rifle assoc. It used to be run on weekdays with 3 staff, nowadays it seems to require at least that many in green blazers just to irritate you whilst on the point of short siberia!