Wearing Velcro Patches

MoonMan

Swinger
Should cadets be allowed to wear real military patches e.g. S.A.S,ISAF on admin panels or daysacks etc.

Boxy

GCM
Why not, a lot of the adults do... I’ve seen all kinds of patches on AIs daysacks.

Personally though, a ‘Zap patch’ despite not having a service number (yes I know they have id numbers on Westminster) are ok as are affiliated unit patches but not the Para/SAS/Commando ones are a step too far.

I'd agree with Boxy, and say no to anything too walty. I'd suggest that morale patches on daysacks would be okay too, as long as they're not too offensive, and not actually worn on the uniform.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'd suggest if there's a Velcro patch for a badge, it makes sense to put a badge on it.

It's not like anyone would ever create, say, a Mark 3 Noddy Suit with a Velcro patch top of left arm (where you couldn't see a Detector Paper round your Respirator canister), then fúck up the production of rank badges that never get issued.

Should cadets be allowed to wear real military patches e.g. S.A.S,ISAF on admin panels or daysacks etc.
Youngsters are mostly pro European, you can show you believe in a united Europe by attaching the insignia of any the 38 divisions of the SS to your stuff

Of course! Such a silly question!

I was not aware that cadets could do selection and go on tour to Afghanistan, fair play to them, they must be very mature.

Why not, a lot of the adults do... I’ve seen all kinds of patches on AIs daysacks.

Personally though, a ‘Zap patch’ despite not having a service number (yes I know they have id numbers on Westminster) are ok as are affiliated unit patches but not the Para/SAS/Commando ones are a step too far.
Why, paras and RM are not SF?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
RAF Regiment. The forth speshuul force.

1543592785077.png

I used to wear this one.

kimmi851

Old-Salt
Reading this thread I suddenly felt the need to get the Mini Kimmi a backpack of her own with patches (she already blagged enough real ones, but going to buy some extras), then I spotted this one and thought I may as well

s-l1600.jpg

Latest Threads