wearing staple belts...why???

#1
When I attended ATR Pirbright for my recruit selection, I noticed that there were many recruits wearing the staple belts. Most from what I could see, were recruits wearing the RLC staple belts.

I pressume they can wear the staple belts as soon as they pass off the square and get their cap badge and can wear the full CS95 kit. I'm suprised the army allows them to wear staple belts as its not always easier to identify who is a recruit and who is not, also, doesn't it give the recruit the idea that he/she is already in!!!

Finally, I should hopefully be going to Blandford for phase 2 and have heard that all phase 2 recruits have had their staple belts taken off them, also they will not be wearing CS95 but the green bottoms and scratchy tops??? :?
 
#3
No, im not even in yet...I'm just taking an interest thats all, I called them scratchy tops as not sure as to what their proper name is? :cry:
 
#4
where has that other post gone!!!...has it been deleted! :?

Nothing deleted by the MODS.......MiB
 
#5
Well call me old if you like, but the Stable belt, so called as it was worn for work in the Stables, not when fully dressed adds a feeling of pride for the wearer, giving a feeling of Corps D'esprit or whatever that french rubbish is.

Dress regulations for recruit and permanent staff is a matter for the CO. All the recruit has to do is exactly what he/she is told and he/she will be fine. How difficult is that?
 
#6
I see, and yes it does make them look smart, just was unsure as to why not everyone was wearing them, whether it is through choice or upto the OC like you say.
 
#7
I mean CO not OC, fuk sake switch on :idea:
 
#8
The policy in Blandford is that as a Phase 2 (from Phase 1) you will wear the standard issue green belt. Upon completion of your Phase 2 training you will granted the privilidge to wear the Corps belt.

No big drama, if you want to wear it....then earn it!
 
#9
OK, thanks for that.

One more thing...I thought the army were not allowed to wear uniform out of camp, unless on duty. When I was at Brookwood station awaiting to go home, there was two youngish soldiers wearing full uniform but with trainers on, they got the train back to Waterloo, so off duty I pressume with regards to wearing trainers...looked like a bag of shite.

Apart from that, they were using the F word and bad language on a train with mother's and kiddies and thought it wasn't the best thing to do wearing uniform, at least if they were changed then no-one would be non the wiser that they were in the army.

Any thoughts??? :idea:
 
#11
kingpin said:
OK, thanks for that.

One more thing...I thought the army were not allowed to wear uniform out of camp, unless on duty. When I was at Brookwood station awaiting to go home, there was two youngish soldiers wearing full uniform but with trainers on, they got the train back to Waterloo, so off duty I pressume with regards to wearing trainers...looked like a bag of shite.

Apart from that, they were using the F word and bad language on a train with mother's and kiddies and thought it wasn't the best thing to do wearing uniform, at least if they were changed then no-one would be non the wiser that they were in the army.

Any thoughts??? :idea:
Your village is missing you very much.GO HOME!!
 
#12
ok, I can't wait to wear the full CS95 kit along with Nike air pumps and act like a total chav on public transport...see what they mean by the army has changed?
 
#14
kingpin said:
ok, I can't wait to wear the full CS95 kit along with Nike air pumps and act like a total chav on public transport...see what they mean by the army has changed?
If you continue to act like a troll Kingpin, the MODs will show you the door! If you are genuine, then stop acting like the "Village Idiot" as described earlier...

You don't understand "Stable Belt", but feel confident describing CS95 rather than referring to it as "combats" or "combat 95" as a youngster more likely would. I have my doubts about you Kingpin, I really do.
 
#15
no not me, but the older generation, like my dad and grandad who both served in 1 PARA and other grandad who was on Juno beach with the Canadians... I don't know a single thing cause I aint in the army yet, hence the reason I reserve comment on it and ask for your advice as you lot are regulars...the only mil experience I have is 13 weeks RAF Reg training, untill I decided to basically smash my knee cap in on a lovely rock at Stanta, now fit again I am joining the army.

Maybee I ask too many questions!
 
#16
kingpin said:
no not me, but the older generation, like my dad and grandad who both served in 1 PARA and other grandad who was on Juno beach with the Canadians... I don't know a single thing cause I aint in the army yet, hence the reason I reserve comment on it and ask for your advice as you lot are regulars...the only mil experience I have is 13 weeks RAF Reg training, untill I decided to basically smash my knee cap in on a lovely rock at Stanta, now fit again I am joining the army.

Maybee I ask too many questions!
One minute you can spell, the next you can't? You are a troll; I can spot you a mile off...

Begone Troll!

:twisted:
 
#18
In actual fact they had just come off the square, so maybee it is just for drill.
 
#19
kingpin said:
the only mil experience I have is 13 weeks RAF Reg training, untill I decided to basically smash my knee cap in on a lovely rock at Stanta, now fit again I am joining the army.
So let me get this right you were in the RAF? for 13 weeks, then smashed your leg up?

Were you medically discharged? Did they give you a section 8?

If so what makes you think the army are going to take you?
 
#20
I have been accepted for the army and got my date through only the other day to start basic. With regards to my knee, the injury required lots and I mean lots of time to heal (strained ligament, bruised bone and deep gash / stitches, etc), maybee I shouldn't have used the word "smashed up" as it implies just that. Luckily no fracture or brake. Sure enough time has healed the knee and I have been training by myself in the gym and runs on the beach for 9 months now with no probs.

Whether I should have stayed in the RAF Reg and not come out is another matter, I wasn't medically discharged though, therefore accepted for the army, maybee to many people's displeasure! Can't do much else but to give it my best shot.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mighty_doh_nut The NAAFI Bar 123
PartTimePongo The NAAFI Bar 54
W Medals 29

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top