• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Wearing stable belt

Just completed my phase 1 training. Do you know if we are allow to wear the stable belt now or we can only wear it after Phase 2 training.

Also is it given to you free?

It all depends what Capbadge/trade you are, I know that the RLC soldiers wear stable belts in phase 2, So do the Royal Engineers. If you dont have one then im sure there will be somewhere to buy one at your phase 2 establishment. And free? have a guess.

It all depends what Capbadge/trade you are, I know that the RLC soldiers wear stable belts in phase 2, So do the Royal Engineers. If you dont have one then im sure there will be somewhere to buy one at your phase 2 establishment. And free? have a guess.
That's changed fairly recently then. They used to be presented at the end of Phase 2.

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
Ours are presented at the end of phase two. An exception was made as the unit was getting the Freedon of somewhereville and some of the Phase one guys were marching too.

RAF Reg't fashion at the moment is to wear the Regimental buckle with the green 'working' belt rather than the RAF dark blue/light blue/red banded one.

This along with removal of the RAF TRF from all shirts and smocks proves once again that even the Rocks hate the RAF.

Still think it looks gash though.

I'm RE (albeit TA) and we aren't supposed to wear until finished TSC(B) and considered 'trained soldier'.......And have to part with cash to the RSM to aquire one too..

Everyone I know has had to part with cash for their stable belt, one way or another.

Like above, wait and see what other people do, otherwise if you have DS who aren't absolute gash sacks ask them.

RAF Reg't fashion at the moment is to wear the Regimental buckle with the green 'working' belt rather than the RAF dark blue/light blue/red banded one.

This along with removal of the RAF TRF from all shirts and smocks proves once again that even the Rocks hate the RAF.

Still think it looks gash though.
Everyone knows the RAF Regt are SF so don't need any badges.

Everyone knows the RAF Regt are Special needs so aren't allowed any badges.
There, fixed it for you

Incidentally the belts shrink like buggery, my one is 20 years old and is only half the size it was....

Latest Threads