• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Wearing rig at son's pass out?

What's the form for this? Should I wear FAD to his parade or is that considered vulgar and somewhat Army Barmy?

His old dear would quite like to see the two of us in rig at the same time as it might never happen again but I'm a bit conscious that it could look twattish. What does the panel think? I'll go with the majority decision.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I'm aware that this is in the NAAFI but you're getting my serious answer anyway. Of course you should wear your uniform and I'm sure your lad will appreciate the effort - and your missus is right, you won't get many chances to take a photo like that. Go for it, fuck what the rest of the cunts here say.

(The above advice only applies if you aren't in the AGC(SPS) - if you are, burn your uniform you pen-shuffling tit)

Depends on the following factors:

• If you've more gongs than the whole DS staff put together
  • Would you son want to be photographed with a 22 yr LCpl storeman
  • Does your son inspire to be you or avoid all you did and go to something uselful instead
  • Will it get you noshed off round the back of the drill shed by the borderline lezza Provo Cpl

It's a hard one!

Go for it and be proud as all get out. After Herrick my daughter asked me to attend Rememberance Day with her in her uniform (Ok Air cadets at the time, but I am ver proud of her) and me in mine so we could stand together. A bit dusty that day.

When my son passed out of phase 1 two years ago we (the old and bold) were asked not to wear uniform or medals as it took away from their sense of occasion. So could I humbly suggest a suit and Regimental tie? It’s so understated, but panache personified.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I wore No2 uniform with medals to my son's Passing Out at AFC Harrogate a couple of years ago, and again at the end of his Phase 2 in Keogh. He had already asked his OC if it was OK before asking me if I would, so I could hardly refuse. The photos of my boy and I both in No2s are to be treasured.

I wore No2 uniform with medals to my son's Passing Out at AFC Harrogate a couple of years ago, and again at the end of his Phase 2 in Keogh.
I bet that's a talking point explaining why he's stood with a bloke with depression fixed fizzog in one photo and Les Dawson in khaki drag in the next.

How many of his mates wished they'd signed off for the RAF after seeing you because at least the crab's lezzers look half-shaggable?

Latest Threads