Wearing of Uniform in Public

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by OldSnowy, Jan 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Just a warning - as if one was needed - to be very careful about this. There are plenty of people out there, living in the UK, who would like nothing better than to see a Soldier dead in a most brutal manner.

THEY DO NOT CARE IF IT IS A REGULAR OR TA SOLDIER - in this case, as when on Operations, we are all equal targets in their eyes. As TA, living in the community we are probably more at risk than the Regulars.

PLEASE don't try to be gung-ho and macho - if you need advice, ask your Chain of Command.

P.S. I would think this puts a crimp in any suggestion of a 'wear your uniform to work' day to celebrate TA 100 :)

2. Careful, I almost got lynched yesterday for suggesting that might be a bad idea :roll:

3. it always gets me when people wear a civvi top and then think no-one can see the CB 95 trousers and boots :frustrated:

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I didn't lynch you - just suggested that you would look like a tramp!

5. Lifted from another thread

So we are now more at risk than regulars?

6. Do we still have KAPE events?

7. Well thats fcuking alright then! tw@!

8. Why, why would you want too !!!!!!!!!!!

9. So you agree that wearing uniform to work would create a poor image for the TA then? :D

10. Wear it and carry a big gun. :thumleft:

11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I would rather fry my own spuds than wear my uniform to work.

I never travel in uniform, so would certainly not drop my CEFO off behind my desk, throw my smock on the back of the chair and stick my CBH's up on the table in the meeting room.

Uniform for an event, recruiting stand, parade etc fine. People turning up at work in uniform - wrong in so many ways.

12. Ooops I hate copy and paste!

As a one off for a Centenary I could probably live with it - but don't make it a regular thing granted and it will not work for some.

Wearing down town or too and from place of TA work is fine - so long as you tow the party line.

recruiting event again no problem

However be a c*ck and you reap what you sow. I have always found being polite and respectful brings the same in return. the odd gobby tw*t can be dealt with through cool and calm conversation - or drag him up and ally and boresight his attitude up his butt!

One thing one should never be is the big I am - on your own you are probably not!

Cheers

13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Bit of a miss-post there Baz?

14. :) Those fingers had a mind of their own damn it!