Wearing of non-issued medals

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by happydave, Sep 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody tell me if there is something that can be done about this?
    An instructor at my former Marine Cadet Detachment served in the Army (as did I.) I know for a fact that he never went to Iraq, yet I saw a recnt picture of him with an OP Telic medal and at least one other that i'm sure he is not entitled to. I have attempted to make contact with him and the units CO to clarify his entitlement (or lack of it) but to no avail.
    Does anybody know if he is breaking any military or civil law by wearing these medals? Sounds petty I know, but he only spent a short while in the Army. Most of it was at AFC Harrogate and almost all of the remainder was in Colchester. So he has already disgraced himself and the Army enough.

OK, rant over i'll get off my soapbox now.
  2. Well... try harder. This in in the CO's ballpark. Knock on the cnut's door. Make sure you're certain and have some sort of evidence to support your claim.
  3. and i am sure it says somewere in the rules and regs that one may not were a decoration or award that one is not entitled to..
  4. name and shame?
  5. get the usual pic up with him and his medals so we all can humiliate him
  6. It is in the rules and Regs, that wearing medals or awards that you are not entitled to, is an offence.
  7. www.anzmi.net
    The site for all imposter medal wearers and wannabees.

If you had to pay for it - you didn't earn it :x
  8. SkyPilot

I just went to have a look at that site, interesting. Do we have anything like that over here do you know?
  9. I had to pay for my replacements after losing them whilst moving house. I did earn the originals however.
  10. out the loser on here, so we can all laugh at him ;)
  11. I suppose ARRSE is the nearest equivalent
  12. Name....give us a name..............
  13. These may help in the matter.

Attached Files:

14. These may help in the matter.