Wearing of non approved medals

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by dumbstruck, Feb 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can somebody please enlighten me as to why some ex forces feel the need to wear medals that have not been approved .i.e The BAOR Medal. or another version of the Queens Golden Jubilee Medal. I know that in todays Army that more medals are awarded than were previously, but surely there must be restrictions on non approved medals.
  2. Is it wrong of me to have my swimming medals court mounted alongside my other gongs?
  3. As long at they were awarded during your time in the military.
  4. :D
  5. feelings of inadequacy? Waltism?
  6. Sad f uckers! However as civies they can wear bottle tops if they want, knobs
  7. As a matter of interest, what is "another version of the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal"?
  8. If they're ex-forces, they can wear whatever they want. And frankly, honestly, if you look deep deep down within your soul, to the darkest corners of your conscience, you probably dont really care that much anyway.

They could court mount hubcaps for all I care.
  9. One with freddy, sitting aloft a rent boy.
  10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

At a reunion last year a mate wore his GSM (from decades ago) with pride, court mounted beside the Jubilee Medal he'd been awarded in the Police.
  11. I was reading an artical in an old edition of soldier magazine, a number of pages were devoted to out raged old soldiers carping on about the amount of bling medals on offer and a few pages later there were several advertisments for bling medals.
    I havent bought any myself, but I wouldnt shoot anyone down if they did and I know a lot of cold war warriors who are dischuffed about not being recognised for the years they served in BAOR.
  12. The Lofties brought out their own version at the time of the Golden Jubilee.
    Horrible looking thing with a yellow ribbon as I recall.
    It's just another piece of tat for private purchase.
  13. 1.What concern is it of yours?
    2.Do you really have nothing else to worry about?
  14. By jingo it's a fancy looking thing!

Attached Files:

15. 'Dischuffed' about what exactly? And are they any more 'dischuffed' that the troops who served in UK and whose role it was to reinforce BAOR?