Wearing of Medals with a suit

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cow, Aug 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

As the title says, I have a rack of 4 which I'm intending to wear to an event.
    Can anyone recommend how to attach them?
    Is it worth pinning them through the suit material or sewing in some loops to attach them with?
    I'm expecting the material to not support their weight so is it worth backing them inside the suit with some cardboard/leather?

I've had a search and can't find much on this so apologies if has been done before!

2. There are civilian suit medal holders, a piece of plastic which holds the medals and slips into the top left pocket of your jacket....

Find them on ebay or at most medal dealers or tailors...

3. Sounds like you need a decent suit, and not from Matalan this time ........

4. Theres a thing on ebay which is a kind of leather holder that you attach your gongs to and it slips into the breast pocket - thus, no damage to your suit.

5. Cow

Cow LE

Cheers gents, apart from Bambi...

6. Cow

Mine were mounted with a small clip below the pin which slips into the breast pocked. It might be worth going to a local medal mounter and seeing if they have anything that could do the same job. Kept them in place when I had to do a short march with the regt assoc.

ofo

7. Any time, Cow, any time! :D

8. Cow

Cow LE

9. Got one of them, recommended.

10. I thought that was the best advice on the thread :D :D :D

11. Thanks Ratty, one tries ....... it's just that the plebs don't appreciate one's efforts .........

12. Cow, if all else fails, how about your minitures??

13. Don't you think that's a bit, well, personal?

14. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

You've met him too then?