Wearing of medal confusion

I am required to wear service dress to a parade in August but I have never bothered to get my diamond jubilee medal mounted with my others but now my lsgc has arrived (in Feb) and am still waiting for it to be presented! I don't know what to do? Should I take the hit and pay twice in close proximity for mounting I.e pay now for the jubilee to be put on and then again later when the lsgc is given or say I've lost my gongs?
Or apparently your meant to have a riband put on the end without the coin?
Should I buy a lsgc myself and have it mounted and take the risk nobody notices I'm wearing it before it's been presented??
Don't really want to pay twice for mounting or take a hit for not wearing my medals.

I am required to wear service dress to a parade in August but I have never bothered to get my diamond jubilee medal mounted with my others but now my lsgc has arrived (in Feb) and am still waiting for it to be presented! I don't know what to do? Should I take the hit and pay twice in close proximity for mounting I.e pay now for the jubilee to be put on and then again later when the lsgc is given or say I've lost my gongs?
Should I buy a lsgc myself and have it mounted and take the risk nobody notices I'm wearing it before it's been presented??
Don't really want to pay twice for mounting or take a hit for not wearing my medals.
I think you already know the 'correct' answer to this query.

Minimise the cost by using @DavidCameron 's excellent medal mounting guide.

Get the jubilee medal mounted. Barge into your OCs office and chin him. "That's for not presenting my LSGC, twat". Problem sorted. No LSGC will be forthcoming.

I have to wear my medals but am after an answer on the mounting issue like I said if I don't wear them(say they are lost or some excuse) I'll get pinged or..
Have to pay to have them mounted twice in a few months due to the lsgc being presented at some point

Go and ask for your LSGC so you can get them mounted all together.

Or have I missed something?

I have and been told 'it's being presented along with others when we have a high ranker show up you can wait' lol
Have you signed for it?

How much are we talking about here? I only have two, and the tailoress did 'em for nowt. Does the Queen no longer pay for medal mounting?

Pay to get the Jubilee mounted then if you get presented your LSGC pay to get that mounted also.

You've had a good 4 years to sort it out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Medals 34
A ARRSEpedia 134
H Medals 9