Wearing No1 Dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Alice Slackbladder, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A question on the ettiquette (if there is any) of wearing Blues to a wedding.

Myself and the Best Man are wearing blues to my wedding but we're not too sure on a couple of finer points.

Do we take/wear our No1 hats?

After the wedding at midday, can we wear the uniform through to the evening function, or does it have to come off by 19:00 etc ?

Apologies if these might seem numpty questions but I reckoned if ARRSE can't help then We'll make it up as we go along :)

Cheers :D

2. Do whatever you want to do! The RSM won't be there (or will he?) I wore my beret at my wedding and wore my blues all night.

3. I have been informed that its correct to wear beret. Shoes too apparently.

4. I wore my blues all day complete with twat hat,my ushers were in 2 dress and got changed for the night do though

5. Blues all day, hat under arm, bride on arm, not the other way around :wink:

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Same here. Your day, ignore conventions. Besides, chicks love blokes in uniform and Muttley medal collections, so your mates should do ok!