Wearing military clothes by civilians - for outdoor activities

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Same in Kenya, I believe.
Kenyan Air Force DPM is quite fetching..

1613986802437.png

I recently picked up a brand new goretex MOD Plod jacket, and a new condition blue goretex jacket (I think was ex AT stock), 20 quid each. Absolute bargains for goretex. I don’t care what anyone says, they’re ideal for car boot waterproofs.
I’ve got a dyed black desert wind proof for when I’m slobbing about my garage or garden, that was issued so I only had to buy the dye. Another bargain. Oh and my Afgh issue Meindl Desert Foxes. One pair I’ve permanently attached my Yetis to. A couple of issued JHW too. Great kit for bugger all sponds

Last edited:
Oh and a couple of PLCE pouches which I’ve spray painted black, for when I’m out with the daft dog, to keep all his stuff in

I've recently received an ear bending from my consultant for not testing blood pressure and glucose levels often enough. I need something to carry around my test gear and meds, to stop them rolling about in my bag then keep them together and at hand on days off.
Respirator case in black, on its way.

Like wot he sed, in this extract from advice for those applying for the "Barbados Welcome Stamp", available to those wishing to work from home, for an initial 12 month period, in the Windies rather than the UK because of the pandemic:

9. An unexpected banned item…​

This is a surprise to many new visitors, but wearing army camouflage in Barbados could land you in hot water. If you're a fan you might want to leave it in the wardrobe. Only the Barbados Defence Force can wear camouflage, and if you are caught, you could be arrested.

Should discourage the Walts!

Jack
Further to this and earlier answers in the thread to the effect that civilians can wear "military" clothing if they like in the UK as there is no law against it, it might be worth pointing out that this is not entirely correct, there are in fact very serious pieces of legislation regarding playing dress up as soldiers in Britain.

They obviously don't cover a fisherman or a bloke out walking his dog in a Bundeswehr surplus coat (I seem to remember they were very popular a long time ago with a wee German flag on the sleeve to ensure authenticity) but the 2000 Terrorism Act and the 1936 Public Order Act have very specific articles in relation to what we might call paramilitary fashions.

Like I say, if you're just pootering around the garden in your old Army sweater complete with shoulder and elbow patches it won't effect you, but if you're thinking the UK is like the US and want to set up your own Proud Boys with all the matching gear and camo look you may just find yourself in front of the beak.

Further to this and earlier answers in the thread to the effect that civilians can wear "military" clothing if they like in the UK as there is no law against it, it might be worth pointing out that this is not entirely correct, there are in fact very serious pieces of legislation regarding playing dress up as soldiers in Britain.

They obviously don't cover a fisherman or a bloke out walking his dog in a Bundeswehr surplus coat (I seem to remember they were very popular a long time ago with a wee German flag on the sleeve to ensure authenticity) but the 2000 Terrorism Act and the 1936 Public Order Act have very specific articles in relation to what we might call paramilitary fashions.

Like I say, if you're just pootering around the garden in your old Army sweater complete with shoulder and elbow patches it won't effect you, but if you're thinking the UK is like the US and want to set up your own Proud Boys with all the matching gear and camo look you may just find yourself in front of the beak.
No doubt the first 'in front of the beak' would be from the demographic least likely to be involved in terrorism.

I've recently received an ear bending from my consultant for not testing blood pressure and glucose levels often enough. I need something to carry around my test gear and meds, to stop them rolling about in my bag then keep them together and at hand on days off.
Respirator case in black, on its way.

This'll do ya. Red Rock Outdoor Recon bag. Front bit attaches with velcro and has a clip for extra security. Nice size for a QR kit in the detachable bag and a few personal items, sunnies and so on in the main bit.

4464c945aa2facd0d7af322679db93d9.jpg

This'll do ya. Red Rock Outdoor Recon bag. Front bit attaches with velcro and has a clip for extra security. Nice size for a QR kit in the detachable bag and a few personal items, sunnies and so on in the main bit.

Perfect for the Eastern European drug dealer/screaming flamer look

I bought the camera bag version of this kit............totally useless as it is virtually inflexible. I might try bashing it with a sledgehammer, but probably won't bother. Very disappointing.

Daz

LE
I bought the camera bag version of this kit............totally useless as it is virtually inflexible. I might try bashing it with a sledgehammer, but probably won't bother. Very disappointing.
Standard Lowpro camera bags attached to black alice webbing works :)

Daz

LE
Too late, I forked out on a medium sized Billingham.
Fuck me sideways with a kipper, and I thought Lowpro took the piss with their prices