Wearing Medals on CS95

Rememberance Sunday is on the way and as usual conflicting guidance on whether or not wearing medals on CS95 is the done thing! :?: Can anyone shed any light on this matter??

Ive always been been told its a no no, and everyone has been told in my unit dont put em on cause you'll be taking them off! but I did see a RGJ wearing his after he had it presented to him.

stet

War Hero
i wont need to find out for a few years yet im still waiting for my telic 1 medal

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
I got permission from the CO to do this last year. We don't have No2 dress, so it's that or NEVER get to wear them!

In the event, we didn't have them anyway, so the problem never arose.

We still haven't got them.....

We've got 2's, but no-ones sure if we can wear them, or if it'll be seniors only with the rest of us in 95's (with medals if we have them).

Commonality accross the TA? Me thinks not.

E

error_unknown

As only seniors and above are entitled to No 2's, many TA units allow medals to be worn on CS95 for Remembrance Sunday parades, and why not, if they are dedicated enough to go orf to war, they should be allowed to show off their shiny medals, if they ever get them that is...

Not sure on all but:

3 = Barrack Dress
6 = Tropical
8 = Working

forniup said:
emptyeye said:
Dodgy-Engr said:
Rememberance Sunday is on the way and as usual conflicting guidance on whether or not wearing medals on CS95 is the done thing! :?: Can anyone shed any light on this matter??

The detail you ever need is right here, hope it helps:

http://www.ams.mod.uk/ams/content/docs/jsp336/3rd_ed/vol12/pt3/pam10/pam10.pdf

Check out para 16
What are dress no's 3,4,6,8,10 & 11? :?

Okay the prudent point here is on para 16 page 4 where its says medals are NOT worn on operation or protective clothing, last time i looked C95 was operational, soooooooo.....no dingly danglies on DPM Im afraid.....Generally.... No2's or No1's only

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
So, we Officers can wear them, but my Soldiers cannot. Great, really retention-positive (mind you, as very few Officers are getting mobilised, this may stop some embarrassment).

Another pathetic piece of reasoning, based on a system that is far, far behind what is happening in the real world. We just DO NOT HAVE anything other than 'operational clothing'.

Well, at least it puts the delay in issuing medals into perspective. What's the point? You may as well issue a £5 M&S voucher. At least you could use that.

No 1 Dress - Temperate Ceremonial Dress
No 2 Dress - Temperate Parade Dress (Service Dress)
No 3 Dress - Warm Weather Ceremonial Dress
No 4 Dress - Warm Weather Parade Dress For Officers
No 5 Dress - Desert Combat Dress
No 6 Dress - Warm Weather Parade Dress For ORs (Bush Jacket)
No 7 Dress - Warm Weather Working Dress
No 8 Dress - Combat Dress (CS 95)
No 9 Dress - Tropical Combat Dress (Superseded by No 8 Dress)
No 10 Dress - Temperate Mess Kit
No 11 Dress - Tropical Mess Kit
No 13 Dress - Temperate Working Dress
No 14 Dress - Temperate Working Dress (Shirt-sleeve order)

E

error_unknown

As far as I can tell, the admin unit and the senior RSM holding the parade decides on dress and sends out his cunning plan accordingly to all participating units. It seems ludicrous to me that ex soldiers can wear their medals on civvies, whilst serving soldiers, probably on the brink off being mobilised yet again, cannot. If CS95 is all they are issued, then it stands to reason that dress regs should be amended to make allowances for this. Thoughts anyone?

Para 15 c. "No 8 dress when authorised by regional commanders for specific parades."

We did as regulars when presented medals by Comd 16 x a few years ago, so exceptions can be made.

Herrenbloke said:
As far as I can tell, the admin unit and the senior RSM holding the parade decides on dress and sends out his cunning plan accordingly to all participating units. It seems ludicrous to me that ex soldiers can wear their medals on civvies, whilst serving soldiers, probably on the brink off being mobilised yet again, cannot. If CS95 is all they are issued, then it stands to reason that dress regs should be amended to make allowances for this. Thoughts anyone?
Yes I agree, but I know that some units dont wear 2's because they dont want to bullshitt of ironing and polishing etc prior to the parade.
Dont even think the septics wear medals in combat kit and if anyone would..THEY would...might be wrong though..

In the old days or working dress, (jumper and Lt Wts with Combat Jacket etc) medals were not worn..only on 2's...dress regs should change I agree

Further more i have been told that after the parade the Sqn is presenting Medals,,,,, Yes the ones that most people do not have :eek: :eek: after the parade. I have also been told that "no we dont have yours" :x And yes my punctuation and grammar is sh1te!! :oops:

Malariadup said:
Para 15 c. "No 8 dress when authorised by regional commanders for specific parades."

We did as regulars when presented medals by Comd 16 x a few years ago, so exceptions can be made.
This is what I'm aware of, but only if you are on parade, not if you are walting about at the side :D

I was presented a medal by Comd 51 in CS95