Wearing Medals as a Civroid.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Keep them in your inside pocket, if others wear them then slip them on...thats what I do with my rack of seven... Now often out numbered when I see youngsters with two full rows.

PS I went to a funeral the other day and saw a chap wearing his medals, it was out of order and someone mentioned it to him. He asked me, so I told him that all the glory at funerals belong to the one being buried. Are there other opinions on this?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Keep them in your inside pocket, if others wear them then slip them on...thats what I do with my rack of seven... Now often out numbered when I see youngsters with two full rows.

PS I went to a funeral the other day and saw a chap wearing his medals, it was out of order and someone mentioned it to him. He asked me, so I told him that all the glory at funerals belong to the one being buried. Are there other opinions on this?
I'd just arrived at the Worthy Down Computer Centre. Guy came round looking for volunteers to carry the coffin for a recently retired warrant officer. I shrugged and said that if none of his mates volunteered, I'd be happy too.

Couple of days later I was carrying the coffin. I was in 2s and definitely no medals, cos they'd only have got caught up in carrying the coffin.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
To cut to the chase, I have been invited to a "Black Tie" event, which is totally civilian and am wondering if it is due protocol to wear miniatures in such attire?
Not unless specified on the invitation. You can bring them out with white tie though.

wear them, buy a few commemorative ones as well.

maybe a nice subtle hat to go with it

1565630230029.png

morsk

LE
You're a civvie. Do whatever you want. Wear whatever you want. Who will tell you that you can't?

Depends if you need to empty your love spuds or not...
Funnily enough, I have never needed my miniature medals to empty my sack. A cheeky smile to harassed MILFs in supermarkets or shopping centres usually does the trick. Anyway, I digress... ;)

The compromise solution is to wear your HM Forces Veterans badge with a Panama Hat embellished with the RMP colours. It seems to work for Kromeriz... :rmp:

Latest Threads