wearing beret

does anybody know the regs/rules on wearing beret whilst driving military vehicles? ie can you remove it on long journeys ect, cheers

I always thought you were supposed to keep it on unless carrying out a reversing manoeuvre, because one's vision is limited on the right due to the 'flap' encroaching on ones peripheral vision.

dogfondler said:
I always thought you were supposed to keep it on unless carrying out a reversing manoeuvre, because one's vision is limited on the right due to the 'flap' encroaching on ones peripheral vision.
Clearly, that doesn't apply in Germany, or when driving LHD vehicles!

HS

Queens Regs clearly states: As soon as the military vehicle has left the main gate ... beret off, light fag and foot down. Remember to sign worksticket when you get back.

got beastied by the CO once for driving a recce landie on the M5 without wearing a mk6 .. didn't say anything about breaking the speed limit though seeing as he over took me :oops:

dogfondler said:
'kin 'ell, how big's your beret?

If you are driving any vehicle fitted with military number plates you must be in full uniform ie head dress on at all times.

dogfondler said:
Maybe that's why the tankies used to have those 'both-sided' berets. :wink: So that they could reverse without a front marshaller 8)
Wah! Known as a "Two-way stretch"