Wear your CV on your shirt! Award out-tats itself

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by honor_roll_flapjack, May 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had this pointed out to me via my elderly father:

British Army Lapel Badge of Pride

I don't think I can face dropping into the RBL during the Jubbly celebrations.

That said, I should get one with the ACF badge on it. I could add clasps for annual camps and how many times I've been in mortal danger from blisters and liver poisoning. The max of five is a problem, though I'd have to have one on each side.
  2. You're not going to let your dad buy that abomination are you?
  3. Christ no, he had a lecture long ago when he proudly announced that he'd found out he was entitled to half a dozen medals he didn't know about :| He still gets oodles of advertising though. I can guarentee, however, that there will be at least 3 of these in my local, I know exactly who will be buying them. Winds me up, two of them have respectable racks already, LSGC, but they still feel inferior.
  4. Oh dear. I shall take seven.
  5. Even considering all the gong snobbery these days, that thing looks like shit and should be banned. Medals and awards should be restricted therefore outlawing the tat some of these fcukers turn out. Queens Head jobs, official issues and records, nothing less.
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

That is a proper walt magnet

I've just ordered mine

That Airfield in the new Pathfinder book.
    I'll get a shed load I'll look like one of those Russian Generals time I'm finished.

Think I should get a sash?
    • Like Like x 4
  7. 20 letters bucko, you know the fucking rules.
  8. Just leave one blank, when asked adopt 1000 yard stair and mutter 'for those who can't be named'
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Fuck yeah! And a pith helmet with a MASSIVE plume on it. And epaulletes with gold tassels and that
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I've never been in a RBL in my life. Are they full of people wearing this crap or is it the minority? How sad are these fuckers? Don't remember my Grandad's being desperate for bling but they were both WW2 veterans not cold war warriors who can't understand they were the lucky ones.
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I was going to say "at least it's not a medal....."

and then common sense kicked in.

Thanks Dingerr.
  12. Don't forget to add a bronze "Lionheart 84" clasp with crossed SLRs in silver. And big fuck off whip thing like Gaddafi carried
    • Like Like x 1
  13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Bloody hell Dingerr how tall is you house? Can you get your chair up that high?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. We can muster about 3 dozen on a good night, and 70% of mine wear commemoratives, and their ilk. One guy has a severe lapel badge fetish. Most are WWII vets. We have a handful of falklands/gulf guys, and only two from the last decade's ops. There is one guy who will wear the NSM on its own, on his regimental blazer, and I happen to think he looks respectable. It's the guys I mentioned above, who have well earned racks but want to make them bigger. Who are they going to pull at their age?

I read a post somewhere, I can't remember if it was here or another forum, that referred to these types of guys as professional ex-serviceman. It was spot-on, whomever wrote it.
  15. The real tragedy of this is that some fuckers out there are buying this tat, they would not be making it, if no one was buying it.