Weapons Training

Discussion in 'Officers' started by bravocold, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I'm starting in Sandhurst in January and am just wondering how many and what weapons OCdts are getting trained on? Anyone have any idea?
  2. Guns for show. Knives for a pro.

After running around for five weeks with plastic cutlery you get issued your trusty kitchen knife. After that you progress to steak knife and then if you show true promise your boss will present you with a meat cleaver in an ancient ceremony in the mess
  3. They are at their most dangerous when armed with a map and compass.

4. What weapons would you like to be trained on?
  5. The makings of a true leader here! F*@K
  6. Apart from the obvious, there is a certain amount of leeway and you will be allowed to request training with three weapons of your choice.
    I opted for nun-chukas, scaffold pole and shiv.
  7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

When I was there it was the Brown Bess musket and infantry pattern sword, though things may have changed since then.
  8. Only an officer could ask that.
  9. I thought proper gentlemen were schooled in this sort of thing far earlier in one's development as a squire.
  10. army guns
  11. Any one else here worried? What happened to good old questions like 'How much will I get paid?' and 'Can Nanny come with me?'
  12. It cheers me up no end that you've managed to get in when you clearly haven't read http://www.sandhurst.mod.uk/courses/milskills.htm My AOSB should be a walk in the park then, I must be hugely over prepared.

13. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Not allowed for ruperts in RAC
  14. Fantastic, 13 posts later and I've almost got an answer! Delighted. Keep the abuse coming, I'm sure some semi-postive replies will surface somewhere.