Weapons of officers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HiHoJo, Jun 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought it was just a swagger stick or small bamboo cane?

2. If I recall correctly from my Household Cavalry times we wouldn't trust our officers with a pointy stick let alone any thing that might go bang
    :)

PoGs
    www.pocketcomms.co.uk

3. .

4. Believe me, its not. Most of the population of ARRSE can only last 4 minutes. :twisted:

5. We try to please.

6. Quality!

7. Certainly, in my day (1978-2000), the sight of an officer with a weapon of any description would have been cause for significant alarm in the Sgts' Mess. Worries the troops, d'you see?

8. If for any reason an Officer ended up with a minimi or something similar, things will have gone very very wrong.

L85A2/Pistol and nothing else.

9. Shooting stick. Except for the Paras, where an umbrella is the implement of choice; furled, of course. No gentleman would unfurl his umbrella.

If things get unpleasant, one may be obliged to draw one's sword. Hope this helps.

10. Surely a crop (Swaine,Adney and Brigg only) :D

YM

11. Officers should be 'armed' only with a stout walking cane to thrash Johnny Foreigner with when he gets uppity, or else have his batman carry his Purdey in the event of a 'general uprising of the native populace'.

I understand that it is permitted to point in the general direction of the enemey with either a swagger stick or fountain pen.

12. Bad memory....Never could remember the password...Knew no Jerry would carry one...Had to prove I was an Englishman, you see.

13. ..... and a trusty " Whistle " to really put the fear of God into the foe .